Technical Analyst - 3 (Data Integration)
Technical Analyst - BI Architecture
Our client in the Financial sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking an Technical Analyst to join their team.
Location: Downtown Toronto
Initial Planned Duration: Months
Introduction: The main function of a Technical Analyst is to plan, design, develop and implement efficient business and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes.
Targeted Skills and Experience:
• Gather requirements, design, configure, code, test and resolve issues in a development and production support environment.
• Development of modules, support for conversion of data, job scheduling, unit/integration testing, business process documentation, development of training materials, and delivery of end user training.
• Translate business requirements into configurations and interface specifications.
• Coordinate testing and validation with business users.
• Prepare detailed functional specifications for the development of custom reports, enhancements, interfaces, conversions, and forms.
Targeted Technical Capabilities:
• Hands-on experience with development.
• Understanding of SDLC methodologies.
• Strong knowledge of design techniques and data integration principles.
• Experienced in designing and developing integration solutions for cloud based applications ie. cloud computing, service models - IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and deployment models – private, public, hybrid etc
• Experience with ETL tools such as Informatica, Oracle ODI, SSIS, iWay or DataStage in AIX, Windows, Linux environments is required.
• Experience with Web services – SOAP, REST API
• Configuration and administration of SAML 2.0 based SSO solutions
• Proficiency in data modeling and experienced in using Oracle, SQL Server as a developer / application DBA
• Proficient in integration design patterns, best practices, integration / ETL tools
• Experience with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
• Strong Analytical skills coupled with excellent communication / presentation skills (both oral and written)
• Excellent team player by working with cross-departmental business & IT stakeholders, ability to manage conflicts
• Experience with ERP systems (Peoplesoft, OBS etc.) in the areas of General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Cash Management, Project Accounting, Fixed Assets would be an asset.
• Highly motivated and committed, capable of working in a dynamic environment with aggressive timelines, multiple work streams running in parallel.
• Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• 5-7 years of experience.
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.