Technical Help Desk
Technical Help Desk
Our client in the financial sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking a Technical Help Desk to join their team.
Initial Planned Duration: 6 months
CULTURE (to help find the best cultural fit): The team is enthusiastic and ambitious and are looking for someone similar to join.
EVP (Employee Value proposition): A great opportunity for entry level IT technicians to work for one of the big banks of Canada! There is also an opportunity for renewal and conversion to full time.
GROUP INFO: The team is responsible for the delivery of technology in support of all of the organizations businesses and customers. Directly aligns to the organizations businesses, with a technology team for each business. Delivers world class solutions in support of business strategies, through a combination of in-house systems development and working with leading technology partners. This group also manages the core computing facilities, telecommunications and networks globally.
PURPOSE OF JOB: To provide first level support for technology products or applications
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Respond to client needs from multiple lines of businesses related to infrastructure and service delivery requests; resolve and/or escalate for one or more products or services
- Maintain written documentation on each contact; respond to clients; escalate complex incidents to the next level of support as required by documented procedures/policies
- Respond to client requests (telephone, email, web) for infrastructure support to defined service level objectives.
- Track and/or monitor the incidents to insure a timely resolution
- May perform network and application infrastructure monitoring and acknowledges/escalates alerts that are generated
- Associate' s degree in computer related field or equivalent training required
- Minimum of 2 years of Level 1 or Level 2 Help Desk experience
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one’ s time
- Knowledge of computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software
TOP SKILLS/MUST HAVES:
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience with client side support of Microsoft Outlook 2000/2003 (configuring profiles/how-to/delegation/MS Exchange/client connectivity troubleshooting)
- Minimum of 1 year experience with client side support of Citrix/VPN technology
- Minimum of 1 year experience and knowledge of Active Directory (passive resets are about 40% of calls)
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
- Technical backgrounds
- Troubleshooting knowledge is very helpful
- An ability to understand customer needs and expectations
- Enthusiastic and ambitious personality
- Problem Solving: Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems
- Oral Communications: Ability to express oneself and communicate with others verbally; recognizing that verbal communication is more than just language - it includes tone, style and structure
- Written Communications: Ability to produce a variety of business documents that demonstrate command of language, clarity of thought and orderliness of presentation
- Listening: Ability to gather, clarify and apply information transmitted verbally, while exhibiting a genuine interest toward the speaker
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent training required
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.