Our client in the financial sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking an Test Manager to join their team.
Initial Planned Duration: 6 months
The Test Manager develops and leads the implementation of the end-to-end testing strategy for OTPP’ s investment data warehouse. Specifically, the Test Manager is accountable for:
- Devising end-to-end testing strategies in support of major (Projects) and minor (Application Support) extensions and changes to the investment data warehouse
- Test planning through collaboration with Project Managers, Development Leads, QA Leads, Release / Deployment Leads and Business (Analyst) Leads
- Interactions with Clients and stakeholders for Testing activities
- Managing deflect flow across solution delivery teams from investigation through resolution
- Coordinating Testing activities across build and test lifecycles
- Looping back to strategy to ensure adherence and validity
*Candidates should possess knowledge and experience with capital markets data flow and warehousing.
- Responsible for strategizing and coordinating the end to end testing efforts across the different testing types (E.g. Integration Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing, etc.)
- Drives the Defect Management Process including Triage
- Owns the regression testing strategy and target the different suites to run on different test scenarios (including Automation and Performance testing)
- Responsible for the test data and test environment strategy and manages the coordination of testing activities within the environment for Application Support and project teams
- Accountable to Release Lead and PM for testing; supporting the Application Support Teams and project processes.
- Communicates effectively with BA, Developer, test leads, testers, Release Lead (PM), Customers and Testing Strategy and Governance Teams
- Aligns and implements standards, governance, and progress metrics.
- Drives continuous improvement in testing
- A university/college degree
- A minimum of 8 years working experience in Information Technology or Investment Business area with minimum of 5 year in a QA Testing area
- Have extensive planning and coordination skills
- Experience with building and managing end-to-end test strategies
- Experience with building QA standards (including end-to-end Defect Flow)
- Experience with test environment planning
- Experience with QA automation and Performance Testing
- Knowledge/experience with HP ALM/QC and QTP/UFT is required
- Ability to work independently in a fast changing environment. Results oriented, team player
- Good logical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to create clear and concise, high quality testing artifacts
- Knowledge of industry standard SDLC and Testing Methodologies (including Agile Methodology)
Skills (Nice to have):
- Knowledge of enterprise data warehousing concepts; vendor tools such as UC4, MarkitEDM is an asset
- Knowledge/experience writing and reviewing programs (VB, PL/SQL, Transact SQL, C#) is an asset
- Knowledge of Financial Products (Stocks, Bonds, Private Investments, Derivatives) and process for managing the products an asset
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.