API/SOA Test Analyst
750 lawrence Ave east Toronto, ON
Career opportunities for Automation testers with our Major Canadian Financial services client. Expertise with Parasoft testing tools is highly advantageous
position - Automation tester
role - Execute/write test automation scripts
experience - 3+ years in similar role
Technologies - restful API, Parasoft (similar), Jira
Location: 750 Lawrence Ave West
What they will be doing:
- Execute Testing Activities: Analyze, define, and translate business and functional requirements into testing requirements. Manage and coordinate end to end testing activities for small and large projects such as developing and executing test cases, test scripts, and test schedules.
- Drive Automated Testing: Execute/write test automation scripts; contribute to the development of test automation frameworks to drive continuous improvement. Report and manage software concerns and test activities throughout the software development lifecycle. Provide status of testing, communicate issues, implement QA standards and policies, and communicate QA schedule.
- Collaboration: Contribute to Agile team goals by collaborating with other functions in the team, actively participating in Scrum ceremonies and expanding the technical capabilities of the team through continuous learning and sharing of skills and knowledge
- Must have hands on experience with Automation Tools (UFT/SOAPUI/Parasoft/JMeter/Jenkins) and testing service-oriented architectures.
- It’ s an advantage if the candidate has experience with JIRA and HP ALM and other defect tracking tools.
- Previous experience in an Agile environment
Where candidates have been falling short:
- Sufficient experience with API’ s and/or SOAP
- No experience with Parasoft or similar
- Salary range