Audio Visual Engineer
483 Bay Street Toronto, Ontario M5G 2A3
Are you an Audio Visual technology specialist? This assignment is for you .
As an A/V Engineer, you will join Service Management & Engineering (SME) team to provide consultation and subject matter expertise related to design, implementation and support of the A/V service currently being defined from the ground up at the bank. The SME team is a group of highly skilled Senior Engineers and Service Managers responsible for a wide range of services in the End User Technology Services space.
1. LIFE CYCLE & ROADMAP
• Manage A/V from inception to decommissioning, following all key process
• Responsible for service quality, availability, optimization, and commoditization.
• Support the execution of a technology-oriented Roadmap of Initiatives to improve the services
• Support the currency strategy
• Participate in the coordination among key functions such as, Service Owners, Engineering, Architecture, and Solutioning
• Provide Engineering direction and leadership aimed at the strengthening and maturing A/V Service
• Understand current and future business needs and incorporate these into roadmaps and currency plans
3. VENDOR MANAGEMENT
• Work with Vendors that supply technology for the related service through:
• Reviews of vendor roadmaps
• Assist in problem management of systemic issues as needed
• Provide Vendor Governance and participate in Operational Governance sessions
4. POLICY AND STANDARDS OVERSIGHT
• Manage A/V Technologies and make recommendations to the Service Owner for continued improvements.
• Ensure that CIBC policies and standards are followed for the Services being managed. Typical policies/standards areas are:
3. Technology Development Framework
5. TECHNICAL SME
• SME to act as consultant and leader in the A/V space
What is the Project the Contractor will be Working On?: This role will be supporting the development and migration of a new office complex in development.
Employee Value Proposition: This is a great opportunity to help design and build a major enterprise’ s A/V services. This is project is currently one of the largest real estate developments in the GTA.
Daily Job Duties/Activities: They will also provide Level 3 technical support for AV systems.
• 5-7+ years of experience in A/V engineering.
• Extensive experience with A/V technologies such as AtteroTech, Crestron, Evertz, Biamp, Polycom, Shure, BlackMagic, MagicInfo, Samsung, Planar, Shure, Haivision, Triple Play and Yamaha
• Experience with wireless presentation technologies such as ClickShare, WePresent, Mersive and AirServer
• Experience with highly complex centralized audio solutions
• In-depth Networking experience, particularly with the Audio over Ethernet protocols such as DANTE, CobraNet and AES67
• In-depth experience deploying multicast audio and video solutions
• Experience with Crestron Toolbox, Biamp Tesira and Dante Controller
• Experience deploying Audio over Ethernet in an SDN network, through firewalls and SBC, and with Network security
• Experience with Microsoft Skype, Microsoft Surface Hubs, Cisco CUCM, Cisco Video, Legacy Tandberg
• Experience with the following deployment scenarios; Auditoriums, flex space, training rooms, meeting rooms, outdoor venues, broadcast events (TV)
Nice to Have:
• CTI-P101 Foundations of Crestron Programming Certification will be considered an asset
• Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) or Certified Technology Specialist Design (CTS-D) will be considered an asset
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) will be considered an asset
• AQAV AV9000 personal membership status will be considered an asset