BI Project Manager
888 Birchmount Rd Scarborough, Ontario M1K
Our financial client is looking for a Project Manager with experience in leading Business Intelligence, Reporting and Analytics projects. The main function of the Project Manager is to oversee the application of project management methodology during all phases of the project cycle, with responsibilities that include project design, scope management, cost control, quality and performance reporting. The candidate will lead an initiative to create analytics, reporting services and dashboards for them.
- Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope
- Manage project resources including procuring project staff, developing, motivating, coaching and advising
- Partner closely with other members of functional project teams to define business requirements
- Ensure the creation and ongoing maintenance of documentation for key Business Intelligence & Reporting processes and deliverables.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders to ensure understanding of business priorities and objectives,
- Ensure proactive communications, including notification of upcoming tasks, data requests, deadlines and milestones.
- Lead teams of developers in the delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet business needs
- Define test plans and ensure that products are defect free before User Acceptance Testing
- Facilitate the User Acceptance Testing process, developing rollout plans and procedures
- Prepare and present cost-benefit analyses
- Ensure appropriate systems development and project management processes are being utilized
- Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors
Must have/ nice to have skills:
- 8-10 years experience in managing IT projects, including BI projects
- People management and team building skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
- Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization
- Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles to technology applications/products and business functions
- Experience delivering technology and business application solutions in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.