Bilingual (spanish) System Administrator
40 King St W Toronto, Ontario M5H
Bilingual, Spanish Unix systems admin required immediately.
• Must have working experience with applications running on Windows, Solaris and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
• Must have excellent working knowledge of scripting in Windows and UNIX Shell scripts
• Must have working knowledge and prior support experience with the Kondor application.
• Must have excellent problem solving, trouble shooting and analytical skills.
• Monitor all e-mail, phone and CS Web queues; action requests, create ITStore tickets for Service requests, handle routine break/fix incidents and respond to routine inquiries
• Working knowledge of databases, networks and software development is an asset
• Excellent verbal, written communication skills
• Works well under pressure and time constraints and can prioritize competing priorities appropriately.
• Willingness to work overtime and provide on-call support as required
• Ability to work with non-technical users.
• Fluency in Spanish is mandatory. – 3 other people are Spanish dealing with projects in Chile.
Application Support and assist with Projects
• Perform application support tasks associated with prod and non-prod environments, (Dev/IST, UAT, PRD) as well as supporting production code implementation. Assist with tasks required as a part of new or existing projects.
Resolution and Prevention of Problems
• Presented with application level issues and problems on mission critical systems requiring immediate resolution, thus ensuring applications are operational in accordance to the agreed upon service level agreements. Often, resolution determination requires interaction with service vendors. Considerable effort is placed into determining, developing and delivering procedures to protect production environment from unplanned outages.
Provide Technical Assistance to Users
• Establishes scope and objectives along with BAs. Develops practical, manual or automated procedures to solve complex problems. Prepare and provide accurate information so that specifications for programs, analysis and revisions to existing system logic deficiencies can be created.
Follow and work within the work/request intake process
• Monitors the service request intake process as well as emails and other methods or intake, and allocates tasks to team members, when on the Gatekeeper role.
• Perform system administration tasks associated with development, UAT and production environments