Business Systems Analyst
1900 Yonge Street Toronto, ON M4S 1Z2
Position: Business Systems Analyst
Duration: 6 months
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Computer Engineering or Science or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a business or process analyst
- Demonstrable experience engaging with multiple stakeholders from different business and technical areas
- Demonstrable experience overseeing system implementations to meet business and project requirements
- Experience in both waterfall and agile project delivery methodologies
- Experience of working as part of a Dev/Ops team, playing a key role in a large business intelligence project
- Extensive knowledge of business and systems development from methodology through analysis, design, development, implementation and production support
- Experience using structured techniques for business and system analysis
- Hands on experience of developing process flow chart/diagram and use of formal process notation such as BPMN-2.0.
- Major IT implementation experience and understanding how systems are affected by business process change
- Experience in dealing with complex business problems, identifying business/functional requirements and recommending how to best support them through processes and applications.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written, possessing the ability to manage and influence stakeholders and to sell recommendations by stating advantages and value in business terms.
- Familiarity and understanding of Key Performance Indicator (KPI) analysis and performance measurement
- Experience and/or understanding of Quality Assurance principles and roles
- Thorough understanding of project management and data security audit concepts
- Self-motivated and is willing to work under pressure
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Services (TFS) for agile project tracking; Epics, Features, Users Stories, Tasks etc.
- Knowledge and experience with application integration technologies (i.e. Microsoft BizTalk 2010/2013) and service development tools (i.e. Microsoft Visual Studio, WCF, ASP.NET Web API, XML, JSON, XSD, WSDL, XSLT, SOAP, REST, and WS-*) is an asset.
- Real world experience utilizing a major process optimization framework such as Kaizen, Lean, Six Sigma, TQM, etc. is an asset
- ITIL, CBAP, PBA and/or PMP certification is an asset
- Public Sector experience is an asset.