Business Systems Analyst
21 Melinda Street Toronto, Ontario M5L1A2
Business Systems Analyst
Our client in the financial sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking an Business Systems Analyst to join their team.
Initial Planned Duration: 6 months
Daily Duties: Will be assigned to an intake and will meet with stakeholder groups to gather/document requirements. These intakes will usually be conducted remotely by video conferencing. No particular tool is used for requirement gathering, but team follows EDF (Enterprise Delivery Framework). After intake, there will be reviews of the requirements with stakeholders, and then the technology teams. Follow-up to review that solutions developed by the technology team will meet business needs, then finalize the requirements for the Development, Quality Assurance, and training teams.
Must-Have Skills/Experience: 3-5 years of experience in Business Systems Analysis Experience working in Risk Management (underwriting or Risk Management systems) Credit Risk knowledge/familiarity Previous Banking Experience Excellent Communication Skills (written and verbal - role will require communicating with senior stakeholders at the Director to VP level)
Soft Skills: Able to handle multiple diverse projects Meet aggressive deadlines Strong negotiation skills Advanced problem-solving skills Time and Priority Management Skills Good facilitation skills
The main function of a Business Systems Analyst is to plan, lead, elicit, analyze, document requirements and create user-centered design.
- Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies.
- Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to solution designers, Quality Assurance testers, and developers.
- Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities.
- Supports one or more complex business processes.
- Works on multiple projects as a project team member.
- Serves as a liaison between the business community and IT in order to ensure technical solutions to meet user needs.
- Assist internal business groups on process improvement projects.
- Contribute to a collaborative team environment by information sharing and team cooperation
- Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related degree preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to utilize user-centered design to analyze, define, and document requirements.
- Excellent decision making skills with knowledge of requirements analysis.
- Previous experience with data analysis, metrics and reporting.
- Ability to create business solutions that increase competitive advantage.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Project management skills in order to handle diverse projects, often times simultaneously, and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to solve technical problems/ processes and understand complex details.
- Must have extensive experience in facilitating meetings with management and stakeholders (JAD sessions & walkthroughs)
- Ability to increase operating efficiency with produce high quality technical solutions.
- A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to relate to other people at their systems & business knowledge level.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions.
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.