C++ SQL Server Windows Developer
5001 Yonge Street, #1300 North York, ON M2N 6P6
Our client is looking for a C++ SQL Server Windows Developer is responsible for creating specifications, designing, programming, checking and documenting database features and architecture. This involves internal object and result storage as well as external connectivity and export/import database solutions. This role is also required to provide troubleshooting and support to technical support analysts. In addition, the C++ SQL Server Windows Developer is responsible for mentoring and supervising Junior Programmers. This role reports to the System Design Team Lead as part of the System Design Team.
- Lead developing of the system features utilizing Database design and programming
- Oversee the Database architecture of client' s product and related products
- Create technical documents for external clients and internal colleagues
- Provide solutions for client' s users based on their needs
- Provide client support for end users on Database related issues (both internal and external).
- Provide technical training for new clients.
- Provide technical direction for junior programmers.
- Perform code review with other programmers.
- Provide programming and debugging support for actuarial programmers.
- Research and review new technologies that can be integrated into company product
- Other duties as assigned
Graduate computer science degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
Comprehensive experience of C++ OOP and C#/.Net technology
Comprehensive experience of database technologies (database design principles, SQL, DAO, ADO, ODBC, OLE DB)
Experience in working with SQL Server and programming for it
Experienced in software design and development
Experienced in designing high performance database applications and performance tuning
In-depth knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and N-tier application
Hands-on knowledge of VBA or similar scripting languages
Experience in troubleshooting and debugging programming defects in large applications
7+ years of experience
Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, team environment
Excellent research, analytical and problem solving skills
Excellent communication skills