Cisco network engineer
2201 Egliniton Ave Scarborough, ON M4C 2C3
• Effectively communicate and collaborate with other project team members or peer technology staff (application/infrastructure support staff) as well as technical resources
• Plan/configure and deploy new network equipment such as routers and switches using established software configuration standards
• Provide high level reporting of project status to the project delivery manager and immediate management on a regular basis
• Authoring of detailed technical documentation including network diagrams and support guides as well as knowledge transfer to steady state? Level 2/3 support staff is necessary to ensure supportability and availability targets can be met post-migration of any and all services.
MUST HAVE/NICE TO HAVE SKILLS: 5 + years of experience with each skill
• Minimum 5-10 years of industry experience required in Data Centre/Enterprise networking, switching and routing.
• Minimum Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification or CCIE preferred on routing and switching, Data Center/Enterprise or equivalent experience
• Strong Data Centre/Enterprise routing and switching skills (OSPF, BGP, Fabric Path, VPC, VLAN Trunking/Dot1q) using Cisco platforms (Nexus 9K/7K/5K/2K family, Catalyst 3K/4K/6K, ISR2/ASR-X, etc).
• Proven history and experience working with various WAN technologies and their providers including: MPLS, T1/T3, Metro Ethernet, VPLS
• Experience and/or working knowledge of Cisco NAC Network Admission Control considered a plus.
• Experience or strong knowledge of authentication integration technology of Windows Active Directory, LDAP, RADIUS, Kerberos.
• Strong Knowledge of Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE) as part of the Cisco NAC infrastructure.
• Expertise on networking standards and technologies including VLANs, STP, ARP, Routing, DHCP, DNS, Wireshark, and others.
• Working knowledge of data center and branch cabling: UTP & Fiber Optics
• Working knowledge of network appliances hardware and software methodologies to RMA and upgrading/downgrading their operating system minimizing down time.
• Strong authoring of technical documentation skills (Microsoft Office: Words, Excel & Visio)
• Effective project planning and time management skills to ensure multiple tasks and project streams are delivered on time
• Automation and/or scripting skills to be used for rapid, efficient deployment of large number of services or network elements is considered an asset
• Working knowledge of server operating systems such as Windows Server family, UNIX/Linux or AIX, considered a nice to have
Additional notes: The resource will be working on an OSFI finding dealing with the following: Network corporate offices, (Network access control). PC will connect to access switch in corporate office, based on active directory, it will allow access to that user. It’ s based on the MAC address and profile. This resource will migrate all corporate offices into NAC solutions from enterprise. Routing and switching (LAN based environment in different floors/ locations in corp building) – enterprise knowledge is huge. Understanding switching is key.
- works on architecture and design in enterprise environment
- NAC (CISCO NAC) validates