Cloud Data Architect
201 King Street East Box 12 Gananoque, ON K7G1G0
Our client, an Innovative, nearshore software development company founded by an experienced team of technology and business experts, is experiencing amazing growth.
Located in Eastern Ontario, this is an exciting opportunity to work with fortune 500 clients working with the latest technologies.
Remote work is optional, however, on-site meetings will be required at times.
, We want to hear from YOU!
We are seeking a Cloud Data Architect to work with our senior solution architects, to help drive the design & enhance a data ecosystem that will enable improved large scale data quality & accessibility in the cloud for a global investment bank. Possesses demonstrated technical knowledge and skills, including capital markets back office processes and cloud data/computing strategies.
- Experience designing and developing data solutions. Define strategies and develop/deliver solutions and processes for managing enterprise-wide data throughout the data lifecycle from capture to processing to usage across all layers of the application architecture for both on-premise and in the cloud.
- Provide technical leadership to the application development group on the use of data integration architecture and use of Canonical data models.
- Assist in the development and implementation of various strategic initiatives around Meta Data Management, Master Data Management, Data Quality, Data Architecture Policies, Data Security, Standards and Governance.
- Participate in data architecture design and review processes, including planning and monitoring efforts, reviewing deliverables, and communicating to management.
- Develop and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models and artifacts for large complex operational systems employing deep system integration and SOA architectures.
- Interpret and deliver plans that specify strategy and improve data integration, data quality and data delivery in support of big data business initiatives and roadmaps to achieve results.
- Contribute to analysis, solution design, development and implementation of operational data projects.
- Define data and analytics requirements to support and enable business strategies and priorities.
- Develop data standards, best practices, processes, and definitions of project and data requirements in support of strategy and ongoing operational support
- Adhere to Global Information Risk Management policies and standards.
Skills and Qualifications
- Industry experience in the financial services - Capital Markets domain data experience
- Ability to think strategically and relate architectural decision/recommendation to business needs
- Working knowledge in how to assess performance of data solutions on Azure
- Experience in data design, data architecture and data modelling (both transactional and data analytics).
- Experience in relational and dimensional data design and modelling in a large multi-platform data environment.
- Strong understanding of data structure classifications, workflow and data management best practices.
- Mastery of data management design, delivery, techniques, and systems development methodologies
- Demonstrated experience managing the complexities of integrating new data technologies in both on-premise and in the cloud to achieve business objectives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to provide updates to all levels
- Experience working with distributed teams to provide technical guidance and leadership
- Ability to create clear, detailed, concise documentation— architecture diagrams, presentations, and design documents
- Deep knowledge of SQL Server on both Azure (PaaS) and on-premise.
- Azure Data warehouse, Azure Data Lake – big plus
- Experience with Azure HD Insight is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Azure Data services, like Azure Data Factory, Azure Catalog, Azure security model
Capital Markets experience