Communications Specialist - 2
888 Birchmount Rd Scarborough, Ontario M1K
Are you a creative and innovative digital communications professional with a love for new tools and technologies? Does writing, designing and sharing viral content make your heart sing? Are you passionate about gender diversity and looking to create real change?
As the key contributor to the communications work stream, you will create and implement a multi-channel digital strategy supporting audience engagement both online and in person. In addition, you will be empowered to take initiative, seeking out and enabling opportunities to collaborate with executive stakeholders, related groups/initiatives, and campaigns across the enterprise. A large component of this role focuses on driving cultural transformation through the creation and dissemination of thought leadership, success stories and formal relationship-building programs.
An expert in all things digital, with proven experience in employee engagement, social media, and internal communication platforms for enterprise, the Manager - Communications will create regular blogs, videos and digital resources that faciliate dialogue, participation and collaboration. This includes (but is not limited to) internal social media posts, videos, graphics, presentations, and event collaterals.
In addition, this role will be collaborate with multiple stakeholders on the the development of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) against which success will be measured.
1. Drive digital engagement
a. Own the development, content creation, and maintenance processes for the ignITe! website
b. Identify story-telling and messaging opportunities
c. Actively explore using new media and presentation formats
d. Work with senior leadership to draft, create and publish thought leadership
e. Create, maintain and deliver against an editorial calendar
2. Enable cultural change
a. Enable and support the creation and delivery of executive thought leadership
b. Source and adapt content relevant to gender diversity for sharing on the ignITe! site
c. Create videos and blogs profiling the work of ignITe! and success stories from across IT&S
d. Work with ignITe! sub-committees to communicate about activities such as events, partnerships, and other programs that support the ignITe! principles, values and messages
e. Support the planning and execution of targeted in-person and digital events promoting the ignITe! mandate
f. Collaborate with other teams and initiatives to further promote the ignITe! message
3. Build a consistent brand
a. Under the direction of the ignITe! Committee, develop and use consistent brand elements including graphics, images and icons.
b. Develop logos, style guides, voice and stock collaterals (e.g. boilerplates, info packs, infographics, etc.)
c. Establish processes that standardize and streamline engagement (e.g. contact points, SLAs, content production)
• Minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years of experience in communications encompassing strategic planning, tactical campaigns, copy/content writing, online publishing, audience engagement, and event planning
• Five (5) years of large enterprise experience gained in the context of information technology, digital strategy or online channels
• Outstanding writing and communication skills including proven ability to write to target and brand voice across multiple formats (e.g. web, social media, formal presentations, training/reference materials); solid knowledge of CP Style required
• Knowledge of, and experience with, building audience engagement using digital channels, targeted campaigns and mid-sized events
• Track record of creative problem-solving and demonstrated willingness to identify and explore new ways of delivering information in both digital and in-person contexts
• Experience working with senior executives and negotiating multi-stakeholder sign-off
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and video editing software; experience with Jive Content Management System is an asset
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 7-12 years of experience (no less than 7 years)
2) Insurance/FI/Bank would be great
3) Previous communications experience in a global enterprise
4) Exceptional writing skills (formal release, blogs, posters etc.)
5) Creative problem solver
6) Undergraduate degree in English, Journalism, public relations, design/arts
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor' s degree or Post-Secondary education-