Data Warehouse Architect
277 Victoria Street, Toronto, ON
Position: Data Warehouse Architect
Duration: 12 months
The Data Warehouse Architect should have the following qualifications, experience &
Qualifications and Experience:
- Extensive and demonstrated experience leading successful large scale/enterprise data warehousing implementations in designing and developing the architecture for all data warehouse components (e.g. tool integration strategy; source system data ETL strategy, data staging, movement and aggregation; information and analytics delivery; and data quality strategy).
- Hands-on experience in data architecting, data mining, large-scale data modeling, metadata management, and platform migration.
- Strong knowledge of applicable data privacy practices, regulatory compliance, governance and data security related issues.
- Highly developed consulting, presentation and interpersonal skills including written and oral, with demonstrated ability to effectively interact with senior business managers, subject matter experts and business end-users.
- Considerable senior level experience in developing and operationalizing Data Governance and Management frameworks including establishing, publishing and implementing Data Governance standards, procedures and guidelines.
- BI / DW platform Migration planning & execution experience with emphasis on Dashboards oriented solutions (OBIEE, SAP BOBJ)
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of Oracle & SAP data warehouse technologies including EDW, SAP BW / HANA, ODS, ETL: OWB/ ODI, SAP BODS, and BI Tools: Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 12c including and GIS mapping (MapViewer) applications; SAP BI (BOBJ) WEB Intelligence, SAP Lumira Designer / Lumira Discovery, SAP Universe.
- Knowledge of data modelling and data profiling / data quality tools including Embarcadero ER Studio and SAP information Steward. Experience in multi-dimensional data modeling techniques and implementing enterprise wide reporting and analytic platforms.
- Proven capabilities/ considerable hands-on experience in using OBIEE 11g/12c architecture & OLAP technology; SAP BI (BOBJ), SAP Lumira Designer, SAP Lumira Discovery tool with GIS functionality; Data Integration ETL tools, testing and quality assurance (e.g. ODI, OWB, SAP Data Services BODS and other similar tools;
- Considerable experience with Oracle RPD & SAP Universe for semantic layer modelling. Designing / Creating BI semantic layer, metadata and report definitions using Oracle BI Application, OWB, ODI, SAP BODS and applying customizations to the ETL, RPD and SAP Universe.
- Demonstrated competencies and knowledge of relational database structures, theories, principles, and dimensional data modeling skills.
- Hands on experience utilizing Data Governance and Management frameworks offered by industry analysts and data management organizations including DAMA.