40 King St W Toronto, Ontario M1K
Data management services of out major Financial client has an immediate need for a Data engineer / analyst
Initially a 3 month assignment with strong potential for renewal.
This resource is required for a successful delivery of an AML big data program. The consultant should have prior banking experience, Meta data management, and working within an agile environment (Hadoop would be highly preferred). 50 % of their effort will be on the general BA work (requirement gathering, documentation etc.) and 50 % on data analysis, testing etc.
• Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
• 8-10 years’ experience required
• Basic knowledge of programming languages in order to comprehend reading code and basic functions
• Ability to create business solutions that increase competitive advantage
• Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Project management skills in order to handle diverse projects, often times simultaneously, and meet aggressive deadlines
• Ability to solve technical problems/ processes and understand complex details
• Ability to increase operating efficiency with produce high quality technical solutions
• A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to relate to other people at their systems knowledge level
• Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Overall 5+ years of experience
2) Data mapping, complex SQL queries, Microsoft Excel, data profiling- 5 years
3) Requirement gathering/ BA work 50 % of the time/ 50 % on testing/ data analysis
2) Various Testing Tools
3) Previously worked on an AML project
4) Banking/FI Experience
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.