DevOps Automation Consultant
750 Lawrence Avenue West Toronto, Ontario M6A1B8
DevOps Automation Consultant
Our client in the financial sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking an DevOps Automation Consultant to join their team.
Initial Planned Duration: 6 months
The DevOps Automation Consultant will work with the Software Configuration Management (SCM) team to deliver push-button automation solutions for all applications within the Personal and Small Business Technology line of business. As a member of the team that owns the source control operation, you will collaborate with existing team members to migrate applications away from existing legacy products and move towards Git and TFS. Following agile principles, you will work to define our PaaS Azure-based environment and will work as part of the development teams to support the entire SDLC for over 20 applications. You will be designing and developing both the underlying infrastructure along with the processes to support continuous delivery and continuous integration. The SCM team is responsible for all aspects of managing the DevOps pipeline. Responsibilities of this team include the management and administration of DevOps software tools (including Git Hub, Clearcase, SVN, TFS, Jenkins, Jira, Docker, Chef, Artifactory, Maven, etc.) and building, packaging & deployment of PSBT software
Daily Duties/Job Tasks:
- Lead the technical aspects of the SCM team by employing your experience with DevOps and Cloud-based PaaS solutions, by creating a generic automated work-flow which can be applied to all applications
- Lead the SCM team through the use of appropriate industry standard DevOps tools to deliver the right level of automation.
- Work with Microsoft consultants to design and develop both the underlying infrastructure along with the process to support continuous delivery and continuous integration for all PSBT applications.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand their requirements and provide technical solutions
- Proactively identify operational risks
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- DevOps Automation tooling, open source technologies (Git Hub, Jenkins, Jira, Docker, Chef, Artifactory)
- Experience in automation of code build and packaging
- Experience in Azure services for PaaS functionality
- Experience with continuous delivery and continuous integration practices, including logging, monitoring and reporting
- Experience with multiple environments (both in-cloud and on-premise).
- Experience with Windows, Solaris and Linux systems in public clouds such as Azure
- Experience with containerization such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- Knowledge of networking (and virtual networking) in cloud environments
Nice to Have:
- Previous Financial Experience
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.