20 Dundas St W Toronto, Ontario M5G2C2
Our client in the financial sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking a DevOps Engineer to join their team.
Initial Planned Duration: 6 months
Reason the Role is Open: Increased workload and knowledge gaps in the current team
Group Information: Team is responsible for the design, development, and deployment of online banking assets. All front-end, customer-facing applications are handled by this team.
Daily Duties: Working with scripts, configuring/designing containers, solving technical challenges, working with existing CI engineers
Must-Have Skills/Experience: 5+ years of DevOps/Continuous Integration experience using tools such as GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, and/or Artifactory.
Strong experience in public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Google, or Azure) as well as IaaS and PaaS. Containerization experience using tools such as Docker and Kubernetes Experience with RedHat Linux Recent virtualization experience
Nice-to-Haves: Previous Financial Experience Solaris experience
Soft Skills: Great communication skills - able to communicate technical ideas to senior stakeholders
DevOps Engineer Job Overview
As a DevOps Engineer you will be joining CIBCs Digital and Contact Centre Technology team to drive and deliver modern best practices in DevOps across the entire department.
What Youll Be Doing
- Working with a team of designers, analysts and developers to understand current application deployment requirements and infrastructure.
- Automating deployment of Linux based applications containers, environment configurations and security settings and certificates.
- Learning about and gathering new technologies and related tools to integrate into the teams DevOps tool-set.
- Designing and implementing deployment pipelines to improve our Continuous Integration and Deployment capabilities.
- Evangelizing Cloud and DevOps culture and processes across the broader team.
What Were Looking For
- Passionate innovators, creators, collaborators, and leaders who are up for the challenge of building the bank of the future and delivering solutions that meet our clients changing needs.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with DevOps Practices such as Continuous integration and continuous deployment, configuration management, metrics and monitoring schemes, virtualization and cloud computing.
- Strong experience in automating large-scale deployments, system administration, capacity planning, systems design, and automation for distributed data systems, services and APIs is essential.
- Strong experience with Clustering, Network Load Balancing, Geographic redundancy, Fail Over Solutions, Data Backups, Recovery and Replication as well as Monitoring and Alerting is required.
- Important to have recent, hands-on development experience in using Agile processes with Java and Spring based applications. Knowledge of Application Servers such as Tomcat, JBoss or WebLogic is expected.
- Experienced in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment and familiar with modern DevOps toolchain using tools such as GitHub, Maven, Jenkins and Artifactory.
- Experienced in modern application containerization using tools such as Docker and Kubernetes. Experience with RedHat Linux and OpenShift is a huge benefit.
- Excellent production-level scripting expertise with tools such as Bash, Ruby, Python or Groovy.
- Highly preferable to have real cloud experience using AWS, Google or Azure and be knowledgeable in the different cloud concepts such as IaaS and PaaS.
- Must have recent experience with virtualization technologies.
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.