Devops automation / QA engineer / Lead
201 King Street East Box 12 Gananoque, ON K7G1G0
Our client, an Innovative, nearshore software development company founded by an experienced team of technology and business experts, is experiencing amazing growth.
Located in Eastern Ontario, this is an exciting opportunity to work with fortune 500 clients working with the latest technologies.
Remote work is optional, however, on-site meetings will be required at times and occasional travel also required as needed.
, We want to hear from YOU!
We are looking for a client-facing QA Lead Engineer. You are passionate about QA and helping developers ' design in' quality using approaches such as Test Driven Development (TDD), Agile principles and using tools like jBehave, Cucumber, Karma with Jasmine, Mocha, or Selenium. Your primary focus will be to validate that software components and systems function according to spec using a test driven development methodology.
- Deliver timely project execution and project work products that exceed customer expectations by developing comprehensive testing strategy for entire applications
- Contribute to functional specifications strategy, refinement of requirements to ensure excellent testability and detailed design documents for client projects and serve as a technical resource for client projects
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and emergent technologies
- Function as QA lead, mentoring and guiding junior QA engineers
- Perform global infrastructure co-ordination between client teams as required for projects (involves multiple time zone meetings)
- Experience as a Developer, QA Engineer, SDET or similar QA role.
- Experience with Cloud based technologies: Microsoft Azure, DevOps Test Plans, Load Tests, Azure SQL, CosmosDB, etc.
- Capital Markets domain knowledge and experience is highly desirable.
- Experience in QA Test Strategy/Test Planning in an Agile environment is a must have;
- Experience with QA procedures in Microsoft Azure Cloud, DevOps Story writing, and infrastructure resource management
- Develop automated test suites for testing applications in Microsoft Azure Cloud environment
- Well versed in industry best patterns and practices around automated QA testing
- Experience with Testing tools such as: Selenium, Jasmine, Cucumber, RSpec, Mocha/Chai, SoapUI / Rest Assure / Jest / Nightwatch.js
- Experience with automating Azure DevOps Test Plans to perform functional and non-functional tests
- Experience testing API driven applications with end point testing and how to validate test cases
- Experience with Agile software engineering practices, particularly Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Automated Testing.
- Experience working with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Excellent working knowledge of white box, black box, and integration testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.