199 Bay Street, Suite 2500 Toronto, ON M5L 1E2
Our client, a world class provider of insurance products, is seeking a Senior Leader of it' s Project Management and Business Analysis Group
Location - Downtown Toronto
An exciting leadership opportunity exists, to oversee operations of a large Project Management and Business Analysis Group. The incumbent will ensure highly effective and efficient administration in all operational and technical areas in the development, implementation, and support of new and existing systems to achieve the goals/missions of the Business. In this role, you will be responsible for managing a large team of Business Analysts and Project Managers, as well as, engaging business users at all levels and growing stakeholder relationships.
Specific responsibilities include:
1) Developing resource plans related to the strategic directions of the Department.
2) Managing on a day-to-day basis the status of deliverables for 50+ projects.
3) Hiring, supervising and performance management of all BA and PM staff and advising the leadership on necessary staff resources to fulfill the mandate of the Department.
4) Attending and facilitating Steering Meetings, Design Meetings, and Committee Meetings.
5) Creating, maintaining, assessing and documenting Best Practices, policies, and procedures for the Department.
6) Bridging relationships with the business units and technology to produce collaborative and innovative success in the various programs.
7) Seeking and maintaining new relationships to further the vision and mission of the Department.
8) Shepherding the IT and Business Stakeholders through the transformative technology shift to Digital and Cloud solutions.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a senior leadership role.
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management and Business Analysis.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing and leading staff, preferably in a high capacity professional environment.
- Experience supporting strategic planning initiatives; managing and overseeing complex administrative processes; managing change and effectively dealing with resistance.
- In-depth knowledge of financial accounting principles, including experience in complex budgeting and forecasting.
- Working knowledge of policies and procedures of the P&C Insurance industry would be a definite asset.
- Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills, including proven leadership skills and ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Political acuity and sound judgment while exercising tact and discretion.
- Superior oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, lead, motivate and engage staff in a supportive environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative and collegial manner, with an appreciation for the challenges and opportunities of working within a large, decentralized institution.
- Exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Highly proactive and resourceful with strong initiative.
- Decisive, self-directed and results oriented.
- Detail oriented balanced with big picture perspective.
- Persuasive with the ability to seek innovative and creative solutions with a personal commitment to excellence.
- Responsive and flexible and be able to effectively work with new and changing situations in a highly dynamic environment where there may not always be a readily apparent solution.
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.