Directory Services Strategic Consultant
703 Don Mills Toronto, ON M5V 3C6
Position: Directory Services Strategic Consultant
Duration: 12 months
Description of Assignment
Very Technical SME in the development and implementation of Directory Consolidation and Transition Project:
- Migrate from NetIQ eDirectory/IM to MS Active Directory/Forefront Identity Manager
- Build and Implement Microsoft ADCS Enterprise Public Key Infrastructure (Certificate Authorities, Certificate management)
The Directory Services Strategic Consultant is responsible for:
- Concept: assist in identifying the high key business metrics, Current State and Desired State
- Definition: assist with organize resources, budgets, schedule, stakeholder & risk register – elaborate on current and desired state
- Planning: assist with WBS, key messaging, project meetings, tracking budget, schedule, risks, stakeholder management, test plan, procurement tracking and monitoring, etc.
- Execution: coordinate effective reporting (risk, scope, quality, schedule, cost, opportunities), change control, documentation (processes, run books, etc.), training, change management, effective delivery, testing, Quality assurance
- Close: Lessons learned, formal transition to operations and administrative close out
Qualifications and Experience:
- University/Community College degree in Computer Science / Electronic Engineering, Business/Marketing/Communication or equivalent a definite asset. Applicable Certifications in Business Process Mapping, Change Management, Risk Management, Communication, Project Management or equivalent a definite asset.
- Ability to coordinate the design, deployment and migration to a new Directory Service, including Identity Management and Public Key Infrastructure components, in a complex, heterogeneous Technology and Business Application Environment
- Clear understanding of Business/Technical Requirements, Statement of Work, and Strategic Plan creation as they apply to projects. Solid understanding of System Development Life Cycle, Project/Product and other methodologies
Extensive NetIQ eDirectory/IM to MS Active Directory/Forefront Identity Manager experience in all facets of technology (unit, functional, integration, system, regression, penetration, and performance) is required
Infrastructure and/or System Architecture experience in large enterprise environment is a definite asset
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Experience in strategy creation input and execution for a large project/program.
Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
Ability to drive collaborative consensus in a highly technical environment
Demonstrated expertise in the field of Infrastructure Architecture, planning, and execution.
Strong knowledge of NetIQ eDirectory/IM and Microsoft Active Directory DS/FIM, including Exchange and third-party application integrations
Strong knowledge of PKI concepts in Microsoft AD CS environment (Chain of Trust, CAs, deployment modes, certificate management, etc.) and Office365
Experience in Cloud Technologies, IaaS, PaaS, etc. is an asset
Thorough understanding of Cash Flow analysis, budgeting and general financial management.
Demonstrated Working knowledge of Server, SAN, Middleware, and Database and Application Development technologies.