Disaster Recovery Analyst (System Analyst)
1900 2nd (2-15) Toronto, ON
Position: Disaster Recovery Analyst (System Analyst)
Duration: 1 year
Completion of a university degree in Computer Science, Information or Business Systems, or equivalent, combined with several years of directly related experience with business and application architectures, systems analysis and design, disaster recovery or business continuity planning. Minimum 5 years of direct disaster recovery and business continuity management experience, including DR/IT application certifications (e.g. ABCP, CBCP, BCCE, DRCE) are an asset.
- Sound knowledge and training in disaster recovery and business continuity methodologies, best practices and tools (DRII, BCI, ITIL etc.).
- Good knowledge of approaches to disaster recovery planning, capabilities and processes; approaches to disaster recovery testing and reporting; articulation and visual depiction of future state DR solutions
- Highly developed Technical Skills and Analysis and thorough understanding of Server, Application other Technical understanding of terminologies and concepts
- Demonstrated experience with disaster recovery and business continuity requirements gathering, plan development, testing and maintenance programs.
- Sound knowledge in Emergency/Crisis/Disaster management and communication requirements
- Sound working knowledge and experience performing Business Impact Analysis (BIA) and Risk Assessments (RA) and presenting to ITS executives and business audience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, prioritize and quality and quantity requirements met and maintained.
- Must have the ability to motivate and work with diverse set of stakeholders and to translate business needs into technology and DR/BCP program improvements
- Sound knowledge of computer network hardware/software and applications. Must continually be fully aware of industry trends and developments.
- Well developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, strong analytical and sound problem solving skills and effective conceptualization, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Experience in Identification and analysis of DR and BCP gaps
- Experience in providing training and presentation to all levels of stakeholders
- Experience in identifying and mapping critical business processes, and process re-engineering
- Demonstrated experience in Technology and DR testing and documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using Project Management methodologies and best practices.
- Information Security and Cyber Security
- Incident, Problem and Change Management
- Enterprise Architecture