Disaster Recovery Technical Application and Infrastructure Architect
703 Don Mills Rd Toronto, ON M5V 3C6
Position: Infrastructure Technical Architect (Disaster Recovery focus)
Duration: 12 months
Qualifications and Experience:
- University/Community College degree in Computer Science / Electronic Engineering or equivalent a definite asset. Applicable Certifications in Infrastructure, Architecture, Disaster recovery planning, Engineering, Project Management or equivalent a definite asset.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, with minimum supervision, to facilitate and coordinate the development of a Disaster Recovery Solutions in a complex Technology and Business Environment.
- Clear understanding of Business/Technical Requirements, Statement of Work, and Strategic Plan creation as they apply to projects. Solid understanding of System Development Life Cycle and other methodologies.
- Minimum of five years of Infrastructure and System Architecture experience in a strategic development environment.
- Extensive Project Management experience in all facets of technology (unit, functional, integration, system, regression, penetration, and performance) is required. Demonstrated
- experiences in the successful execution of enterprise wide technology projects across multiple sections, units, stakeholders and teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as presentation skills.
- A high degree of Emotional Intelligence in working with a diverse stakeholder group.
- Experience in strategy creation and transition to execution for a large project/program.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Excellent collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills in a highly technical environment to foster and drive results and decisions.
- Demonstrated expertise in the field of Infrastructure Architecture, planning, and execution.
- Strong knowledge of Disaster Recovery methodologies and experiences in disaster recovery planning.
- Experience in Cloud Technologies, IaaS, PaaS, etc.
- Thorough understanding of Cash Flow analysis and NPV, ROI, etc calculation methods.
- Demonstrated Working knowledge of Server, SAN, MiddleWare, and Database and Application Development technologies.
- Understanding of VMWARE Virtualization Technologies an Asset.
Experience to work with government executives, managers and unionized staff to implement change initiatives preferred