100 Queen St West Toronto, ON
Position: Front-End Developer
Duration: 3 months to start
Experience and Qualifications:
1. 5+ years of experience in software development for large-scale or enterprise-wide application development projects including recent AWS, Microsoft Azure, or IBM BlueMix experience.
2. 3+ years of Wordpress development experience designing and building Wordpress themes, developing Wordpress plugins, conducting all levels of testing i.e. unit, system, integration, regression, performance, security, usability, optimization/configuration and coordinates user acceptance testing
3. 8+ years of experience developing front-end apps integrated with JSON RESTful APIs, including developing Single Page Applications, and in developing Web-services, WSDL, XML Schemas and JSON REST APIs. OData experience an asset.
4. Post-secondary education in computer science or a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience
5. 10+ years of experience in software analysis, design techniques and system implementation
methodologies, including: software architecture, development, testing and technical documentation development of the work performed, and conducting interviews to determine detailed systems requirements.
6. Good interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written, analytical and problem- solving skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
7. Experience conducting research, investigations and providing recommendations of best practices for information and application services, and preparing and presenting technical materials, including standards, procedures and technical specifications to all levels of management of staff.
1. 6+ years of experience in Wordpress including developing themes and plugins (PHP development as it relates to Wordpress);
2. 5+ years of RESTful API Development experience;
4. 3+ years using version control systems specifically Git;
5. Technical knowledge developing compliant web-based applications, including in compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) as per the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1, understanding of privacy, security and auditing, including how they can be reviewed, monitored and enhanced in regards to system implementation, and knowledge of the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA).