IT (API) Project Manager - 5
4 King St W Toronto, Ontario M5H
API engineering project manager needed immediately.
Enterprise Software Engineering and Architecture team is leading APIs, Microservices and Banking-as-a-services (BaaS) engineering, architecture and governance in PLATO. (PLATO) is a development platform, which drives velocity, service enablement and reusability. It’ s an integrated set of technical products encapsulating critical enterprise capabilities, automated processes, and social architecture to enable high-velocity application development
• Lead API engineering teams on delivering API management platform including gateway, portal, devops, self-serve and API design management.
• Establish the major implementation milestone dates and check points inclusive of the technical solution, conversion and training aspects of the release
• Develop & maintain project documentation throughout all stages of the project lifecycle
• Drive cross functional coordination, identifying, documenting and bringing to resolution any critical issues and risks that may impact the agreed upon schedule, budget and scope.
• Communicate the program status to a variety of levels (i.e. e.g., Program Leader, Project Team, Executives, Business Leaders, etc.) and recommend corrective action when necessary.
• Coordinate product demos and prepare executive reviews.
Candidate Requirements/ Must-Have Skills:
• Bachelor’ s degree in STEM is preferred.
• 10+ years in a product, program and/or project management role leading cross-functional teams in product development.
• Agile, PMP, Scrum Master, Product or another Management-related certification
• Solid applied experience on financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, preparing financial reports and contract negotiation.
• Good knowledge of general financial analysis concepts such as margin analysis, ROIC, project evaluation.
• Ability to create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
• Ability to determine the resources (staffs, time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of businesses and/or organizational practices and disciplines.
• Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to all levels of management including business analysts, technical resources, business and IT executive leadership.
• Ability to effectively, and independently, manage multiple competing priorities with high attention to detail.
• Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
• Ability to lead and work under pressure.
• Ability to positively influence others to directly and indirectly lead large teams for success.
• Ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
• Self-motivated and proactive, with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities.
Nice to Have Skills:
• Prior experience on API & Microservices products or projects is a major plus
• Prior experience on public clouds (Azure, AWS, GCE)
• Experience managing large, highly complex software programs for consumer products at scale
• Agile experience