5001 Yonge Street, #1300 North York, ON M2N 6P6
One of our big financial clients is looking for an IT analyst/ Microsoft System Admin who will be responsible for the day to day operations of both of their internal network infrastructure and Cloud hosted environment. This includes being a primary point of contact for user issues, day to day administration of the network (monitoring, user management, configuration, installations, patches etc.). This role reports to the Director of Information Technology as part of the Information Technology Team.
- Interact with internal and external clients on technical design, support and configuration issues in their Cloud and in on- premise deployments.
- Support the director in monitoring and tracking overall work progress of systems and IT team members, including public cloud implementations.
- Collaborate with team leads and team members to assign tasks and schedule/strategize resource allocation.
- Install and administer their Cloud environments for clients.
- Monitor network infrastructure and respond to or escalate issues as required.
- Test software updates and security fixes in a lab environment before deploying them in production.
- Maintain user documentation as well as logs of administrative activity.
- Report to the Director of Information Technology on security or other issues that arise during the performance of the individuals duties.
- Other duties as assigned
This role is part of our Enterprise Risk Solutions Team.
- Undergraduate computer science degree or equivalent from a recognized post-secondary institution
- At least 5 years of applicable work experience
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft operating systems administration
- In-depth Knowledge of Windows network topologies and security architecture
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Server (administration is a must, developer skills an asset)
- Experience in troubleshooting common problems (antivirus, network connections, disk errors, etc.)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic team environment
- Must be driven, self-motivated and passionate to learn new technologies
- Excellent judgement and customer interaction skills