IT Project Coordinator
Metro Hall, 55 John Street Toronto, ON
Position: IT Project Coordinator
Duration: 6 months to start
Location: Downtown Toronto
Project: Enterprise Business Intelligence Implementation project (BI related activities) reporting to the Project Manager and working closely with the Business Intelligence Services Unit.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Experience in the coordination of IT projects through all stages of the project life cycle as per the project charter, scope management plan, risk management plan, issue management process, financial management plan, and scheduling plan.
• Experience preparing or drafting project management plans and documents (e.g., Statement of Work, project charter, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), risk management plan, scope document, resource plan, project schedule, options analysis, financial documents and Request for Information/Request for Quotation/Request for Proposal (RFI/RFQ/RFP).
• Experience making presentations and negotiating with stakeholders at all levels.
• Experience monitoring performance and motivating teams in a matrix-based work environment.
• Experience in business and IT analysis to conduct feasibility analysis and produce associated reports and recommendations.
• Experience applying all required steps to develop a project schedule, including resource and duration estimation, and identification of the critical path in a large, diverse computing environment.
• Experience with various project management tools (e.g., Microsoft Project) and methodologies for planning and implementing work packages.
• Experience in procurement processes, including the preparation of Requests for Proposal and Vendor Agreements / Statements of Work.
• Demonstrated ability to develop, manage and perform project cost control.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain an effective consulting relationship with corporate clients and vendors, with a strong customer service orientation.
• Project management professional designation such as CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management) or Project Management Professional (PMP), an asset.
• Experience working in a shared project management environment using collaborative project management tools such as Microsoft Enterprise Project Management (EPM), an asset.
• Ability to work with competing demands, prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, facilitation, interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients and vendors.
• Ability to work effectively as an individual and with a group of multidisciplinary staff in a project team setting.