IT Project Manager - Intermediate
40 Dundas Street West Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C2
Infrastructure PM required immediately.
EMPLOYEE VALUE PROPOSITION: Moving into DevOps model – this team is on forefront. This department has 2 Agile PODs already, 2 more coming July. Moving to 100% non-waterfall (agile) for next fiscal year. This PM will start with waterfall and shortly will move to agile. Great opportunity to learn how to do agile development in this self- contained team. Opportunity to grow into Senior PM. Larger programs and projects are available.
WHO THEY WILL WORK WITH ON A DAILY BASIS: Will be reporting to a Portfolio Manager (very senior and tenured PM), Desktop Development team, QA partners.
DAILY DUTIES: Leading waterfall/agile projects - technology driven projects (65%), business facing projects (35%)
• Looking for someone on the Infrastructure side if possible – network, desktop technologies.
• Well versed Project Methodology (PMI and SDLC)
• Must be able to create a project plan and manage to it
• Agile experience/ training
• Desktop Application experience
• Financial Management strongly preferred (budgets)
• Versatile PM experience is good
• Contact centre Technology background
• Define test plans and ensure that products are defect free before User Acceptance Testing.
• Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope.
• Effectively oversee project staff (direct reports, matrixed reports, contractors, and interns), delegating work to appropriate leads.
• Efficiently communicate to stakeholders to manage expectations and project progress.
• Ensure appropriate systems development and project management processes are being utilized.
• Ensure that necessary risk assessments are continually reviewed and monitored and proactively addressed in a timely fashion.
• Facilitate the User Acceptance Testing process, developing rollout plans and procedures.
• Lead teams of developers in the delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet business needs.
• Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors.
• Manage medium to large scale projects working collaboratively with business stakeholders, vendors, and technical resources.
• Manage project resources including procuring project staff, developing, motivating, coaching and advising.
• Partner closely with other members of functional project teams to define business requirements.
• Prepare and present cost-benefit analyses.
• Successfully plan, execute, control and close projects against defined scope and budget
TECHNOLOGY USED ON A DAILY BASIS:
• MS Project
• MS Office
Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
• PMP or PMI certification.
• Proven project management experience.
• People management and team building skills.
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities.
• Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization.
• Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles to technology applications/products and business functions.
• Experience delivering technology and business application solutions in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment.
• Extensive practical experience and knowledge with techniques for planning, organizing, and monitoring multiple IT projects simultaneously.
• 5-7 years experience.