IT Project Manager - Regulatory compliance
199 Bay Street Toronto, Ontario M5L1A2
Senior PM required for regulatory projects (OSFI / NY DFS)
What Project Will The Contractor Be Working On: NY DFS (New York Department of Financial Services) and OSFI (Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions) guideline updates and implementation
In this role you will join Information Security Project Management Office to lead and successfully deliver multiple large scale projects/programs in collaboration with business partners, vendors, and technical resources. You will be accountable for the overall execution of project deliverables and ensure alignment to the scope, schedule and financial status.
Daily Duties/Job Tasks:
• Project and Scope Management: You will create detailed project plans, in collaboration with stakeholders, and determine organizational and financial feasibility. You will integrate project plans at project/program level, creating estimating models as required, refine plan and manage performance against it. You will follow the established governance guidance for all communications, financial and change manangement, and use established project status reporting tools. You bring extensive practical experience and knowledge with techniques for planning, organizing, and monitoring multiple IT projects simultaneously.
• Communications Management: You will coach and mentor project resources (internal/external) and work to proactively identify and resolve issues/conflicts. You will also act as a focal point of contact for the project, and through collaboration and persuasion, direct stakeholders towards a common goal. You will also create high quality professional written communications and presentations, to the team, stakeholders and to executive leadership on a regular basis.
• Financial Management: You will identify and manage overall project costs and budgets, including monitoring resource requirements for people, hardware, software, and change requests, the creation of project forecasts, reporting monthly actuals and variances, within the financial risk appetite of the project. You will be using the financial tools to meet monthly financial reporting requirements.
Who Will the Candidate Be Working With on a Daily Basis?:
The team manager and other PMs, the service owner/director overseeing the project, the technology and operations PM (responsible for delivering any technology components of the project), financial coordinators, and other senior members within the bank as needed
TOP SKILLS / EXPERIENCE (how many years of experience):
- 7+ years of Project Management experience within financial institutions
- Experience working on Regulatory Compliance and controls
- OFSI guidelines experience
- Experience working as both a business and technology PM
Nice to Have:
- PMP – Strongly preferred
- NYDFS specific experience
- CompSci education or development background
- Agile Experience preferred
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects