60 Tiffield Rd Toronto, ON M5V 3C6
Position: IT Infrastructure Consultant
Duration: 12 months to Start
Qualifications & Experience:
• Post-secondary education in computer science, information technology, or related discipline.
• Certification in two or more of the following technologies: Microsoft Certification, MCSA or equivalent; Veeam Certified Engineer, VMCE or equivalent; VMware, VCP or equivalent; Citrix, CCA/CCP or equivalent; ITIL v3.
• Minimum of 7 years' demonstrated experience in virtual infrastructure architecture design, configuration, implementation, and testing, support and optimization in an large scale enterprise environment
• Demonstrated experience implementing at least three (3) medium to large scale IT Infrastructure projects in last 7 years.
• Demonstrated experience in planning, design, configuration, implementation, testing and supporting Veeam Availability Solution.
• Demonstrated experience in supporting and optimizing two or more of the following technologies: Citrix XenApp 7.9 or better, VMware vSphere, Veritas NetBackup, NetApp Filers; Microsoft Active Directory,
• Microsoft Windows Server Operating System/Terminal Services - particular experience with Windows 2012/2016 configuration, implementation, performance tuning, support and preventive maintenance.
Demonstrated experience in the preparation and authoring of IT Infrastructure Policies & Procedures and Disaster Recovery Plans; design, build, configuration and runbook documents as well as developing proposals, creating architecture documentation, drawings and other relevant documentation as required.
• Strong project coordination skills. Must be able to forecast the scope, tasks, and be able to documents all phases of Project Life Cycle.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to lead meetings and present complex information to staff and management team of multiple skill levels. Must be self-motivated and able to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Strong conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills as well as superior organizational qualities in order to meet tight deadlines as well as coordinate, prioritize and communicate project status to stakeholders. Must be adaptable to shifting priorities, demands and timelines. Responds to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
• Extensive knowledge in infrastructure technologies including but not limited to Application Virtualization (Citrix XenApp), Server Virtualization (VMWare), Storage Systems (NetApp), and Backup & Recovery (Veritas NetBackup and Veeam Availability Solution).
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft products and technologies including but not limited to Windows 2012/2016 Server Operating System, Windows 10 Operating System, Active Directory Services, Group Policy, Microsoft Terminal Services, Microsoft SQL and DNS.
• Extensive knowledge in performing IT Infrastructure environment assessments, health checks, installation, management, testing, administration and upgrades.
• Extensive knowledge of scripting languages such as PowerShell and VB.
• Extensive knowledge of MS Office, Visio and strong familiarity with project management software, such as MS Project