703 Don Mills Road Toronto, ON
The Project Manager/Coordinator is responsible for: • Assess the Current Infrastructure Architecture and Design in the context of Availability, Reliability and Disaster Recovery from a Process & Technology perspective – develop a Scope, Budget, Schedule, Risks, ie the Plan • Identify Current State' s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities, threats (SWOT) and Risks – in technology, process and people. • In collaboration and agreement with key stakeholders, gather, validate, and prepare a list of City' s most business critical systems and the recovery requirements.
• Identify Future State Options and quantify these options in order to identify the " Best Value" solution while identifying constraints – Time, Cost, Assets, Resources and Effort
• Work with Stakeholders to define pros and cons of the options articulated and form a " go forward" recommendation while balancing all Stakeholder needs
• Generate a Roadmap to include all of the above with specific Goals and a Strategic Project Plan – quantify value of the initiative, ie Financial and Non Financial Benefits
Qualifications and Experience: • University/Community College degree in Computer Science / Electronic Engineering or equivalent a definite asset. Applicable Certifications in Infrastructure, Architecture, Disaster recovery planning, Engineering, Project Management or equivalent a definite asset. • Ability to work in a matrix environment, with minimum supervision, to facilitate and coordinate the development of a Infrastructure Solutions in a complex Technology and Business Environment. • Clear understanding of Business/Technical Requirements, Statement of Work, and Strategic Plan creation as they apply to projects. Solid understanding of System Development Life Cycle and other methodologies. • Minimum of five years of Infrastructure and/or System Architecture experience in a strategic development environment. • Extensive Project Management experience in all facets of technology (unit, functional, integration, system, regression, penetration, and performance) is required. Demonstrated experiences in the successful execution of enterprise wide technology projects across multiple sections, units, stakeholders and teams. • Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as presentation skills. • A high degree of Emotional Intelligence in working with a diverse stakeholder group. • Experience in strategy creation and transition to execution for a large project/program. • Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment. • Excellent collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills in a highly technical environment to foster and drive results and decisions.
• Demonstrated expertise in the field of Infrastructure Architecture, planning, and execution.
• Strong knowledge of Disaster Recovery methodologies and experiences in disaster recovery planning.
• Experience in Cloud Technologies, IaaS, PaaS, etc.
• Thorough understanding of Cash Flow analysis and NPV, ROI, etc calculation methods.
• Demonstrated Working knowledge of Security, Authentication, File Services, Server, SAN, MiddleWare, and Database and Application Development technologies.
• Understanding of VMWARE Virtualization Technologies an Asset.