Java / Python Developer
225 King Street West 14th floor Toronto, ON
Excellent career opportunity for a senior developer. Exciting times to be in Risk Management as regulatory initiatives evolve.
You will be a key member of the Counterparty Credit Risk Application Development team within Global Wholesale and Risk Technology.
You will be part of a dynamic team as we experiment with new technologies and new business processes to support the Global Risk Management business unit. We are looking for individuals with passion for innovation and revolutionary ideas to contribute to our journey of transforming the Bank.
The incumbent must be a customer focused individual with a track record of initiative, learning and applying new skills quickly and communicating effectively with team members, technical staff and users.
• Resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs of Global Risk Management by applying technical and financial knowledge to design comprehensive system solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created.
• Participate in the overall systems implementation process by synthesizing business requirements and processes, developing test cases and automated test execution framework, defining user procedures and workflows, providing user documentation, training, and post-implementation support.
• Provide technology support to Global Risk Management by responding to ad hoc queries and after-hours production support.
• In-depth knowledge in UNIX Shell scripting, Java, C++ and Python
• In-depth knowledge with SQL and relational databases, data modeling and data analysis
• Highly motivated and capable of working in a dynamic environment with aggressive timelines, multiple work streams running in parallel.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Good communication skills (both oral and written)
• Working knowledge with IBM/Algorithmics software is a definite asset