Java / Spring Developer
129 Spadina Avenue suite 500 Toronto, ON M5V2L3
Our client, a leading software solutions client, has several immediate requirements for Java / Spring developers on an initial 3 month assignment in Toronto
• 5-7+ years of experience with: Java, Spring and Spring boot with focus of work in building Restful Services / SOAP service preferably with understanding of cloud Deployment
• Extensive experience in designing, developing and maintaining modern utilizing micro-services and APIs – at least one year experience in building mid-tier/APIs with node.js
• Experience in full lifecycle software development, SDLC including coding standards.
• Solid understanding of source code management as well as build and deployment processes.
• Clear understanding of value of metrics and incremental delivery with respect to Continuous Integration and Continuous development tools like Jenkins, SonarQube, GIT, FindBugs, Cloud Native API configuration using Jenkins Pipelines or any other similar build and deployment tools.
• Have already worked in projects based on Agile delivery model.
• Knowledge and experience with domain driven design
• Design, plan and implement IT solutions for a Platform Core Java technical environment
• Translate the client’ s business requirements into systems design
• Write and review design/code
• Deliver quality code and comprehensive unit test cases
• Hold technical review of architecture to meet maintainability, scalability and performance requirements of the solution
• Remains up-to-date with the development of new standards (e.g. JCP, ANSI, IEEE, vendor relationships)
• Good understanding of design patterns and have ability to use them to implement new solution.
• Experience in latest Core Java SDK.
• Knowledge of multiple technologies including but not limited to Micro-service pattern, API management and API gateway, cloud concepts and practices, J2EE, .NET Framework, Win-Forms, Web-Forms, PL/SQL, Oracle, SQL Server, EAI, etc.
• Experience with JDBC, SQL, Data modeling, JMX, JPROBE or JPROFILER, JUNIT, Spring Hibernate, Ant or maven, OOAD, UML, Design Patterns and Data Structures.
• Ability to create and understand Swagger Specifications while developing new APIs
• Cloud native API development using micro-service architecture
• Knowledge in securing APIs with technologies like Spring security.
Nice to have:
• Experience in working on cloud native solutions
• Understanding of Docker
• Experience building software for the financial services industry – banking, insurance or investments
• Familiarity with the creation of configuration, build, and test scripts for continuous integration environments
• Zuul Proxy and Load Balancer
• Spring Cloud Configuration
• Spring Eureka server
• Oauth implementation