Java / risk management developer
225 King St W Toronto, Ontario M5V
Senior Java developer needed within Risk Management division of our Major Financial services client.
Risk Management Information Technology (RMIT) is seeking a seasoned Capital Markets Java/Python Developer to support their in-house risk management system. They should have experience across financial products (derivatives, fixed income, etc) as well as strong, working knowledge of trading, algorithms, Risk Watch, and Risk Warehouse. They will be supporting the Initial Margin program (completion 2019).
Wide exposure across different Capital Markets products as well as opportunity to participate in migration into Cloud & Big Data.
Typical Day in Role
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Java and/or Python (10+ years experience)
2) Unix environment (10+ years experience)
3) SQL database stored procedures (10+ years experience)
4) Capital Markets (5+ years experience - must be recent, preferably in Risk Management)
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Overall 10+ years working experience as a Developer/Programmer