130 King St West Suite 3000 Toronto, ON M5X 1J9
JAVA Developer - Web Portal for Capital Markets.
Our client in the Banking sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking an Senior Java Developer to join their Web Portal team for Capital Markets.
Location: Downtown Toronto
Introduction: As part of an innovative group, you will be working on the development of the new high performance web applications. Our clients' s platform is the foundation of how their clients access information and tools that they provide. It is a modern platform that is being actively being developed.
As a JAVA programmer/analyst on the development team, you will develop application code for new projects as well as maintain and support existing applications.
Your core role:
- Enhance and maintain the Portal products based on user specifications, business imperatives and established timelines.
- Provide innovative, high performance and elegant solutions in a high performance web based environment. You will be working on both the server and front end code.
- Carry out unit tests on the developed / modified components and perform other tests according to the methods and procedures established by the team.
- Establish mechanisms to ensure the security and integrity of data.
- Provide advice and support to other developers and functional analysts.
Targeted Technical Capabilities:
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English (French language is an asset).
- Very good knowledge of programming in JAVA language, JSP and other aspects of JEE.
- Knowledge of development frameworks such as Spring with JPA (Hibernate).
- Good knowledge of JEE application containers, WebSphere and Tomcat.
- Knowledge of front end framework (Bootstrap, jQuery).
- Knowledge of REST architecture, Angular 2.
- Experience in highly transactional development environments.
- Good Knowledge of WEB concepts (XML, JSON, HTML5, CSS, AJAX, WSDL, SOA Concept, etc.).
- Knowledge of JIRA and other products from the Atlassian collaboration tools suite.
- Proficient in SQL and database knowledge.
- Experience with Liquibase is an asset.
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.