Java ETL application support
225 King Street West 14th Floor Toronto, ON
Be a part of a major re-platforming initiative within Capital markets.
The development team within Risk management technology is growing again. An exciting, opportunity for a senior Java / J2EE developer has opened up. This group develops and support applications pertaining to Liquidity Risk and Compliance.
Be a key contributor in the development of cost effective and robust applications
Manage own development timelines and many related tasks
Ensure all tasks are worked to a robust completion.
Provide technical support to applications in production and during user acceptance testing.
Provide technical support to infrastructure teams to assist in resolving production issues.
Participate in systems implementation, planning, and documentation development.
Provide technical guidance to other team members.
Required technical qualifications:
- Good level of knowledge for web application servers (WebLogic, iPlanet, Glassfish)
- At least 2 years of experience in development on a Unix Environment (preferably Solaris).
- Strong knowledge of major RDBMS systems: Preferably Oracle (4 years +)
- Proficient in the following programming languages: Java, Shell scripting, JSP, SQL.
- Familiarity with major transport protocols: FTP, SFTP and other SSH connectivity tools.
Nice to have;
- Experience with graphical ETL tools a strong plus (Ideally Talend)
- Experience with automated deployment tools (TeamCity, Jenkins, Puppet, etc) is a plus
Desired business knowledge:
-Knowledge of financial instruments.
-Experience application / solutions architecture
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.