201 King Street East Box 12 Gananoque, ON K7G1G0
Our client, an Innovative, nearshore software development company founded by an experienced team of technology and business experts, is experiencing amazing growth.
Located in Eastern Ontario, this is an exciting opportunity to work with fortune 500 clients working with the latest technologies.
Remote work is optional, however, on-site meetings will be required at times and travel to Europe client-site will also required
We are looking for a Senior Kafka Engineer to join our team assisting our Danish client. As a Kafka Engineer, you will help customers extract business value from their real-time data streams.
In this role, you will interact directly with our customer, contributing to implementation during any or all phases of the application lifecycle — business needs assessment, application planning and design, deployment architectures, development and build, integration and release configuration, system testing, production operations, application optimization, and best practices adoption.
To do this, you will provide software, development, and operations expertise that leverages your deep knowledge of best practices in the use of Apache Kafka and complementary systems such as Azure Cloud, relational and NoSQL databases.
Throughout these interactions, you will build strong relationships with your customers and ensure exemplary delivery standards. You will also have the opportunity to build state-of-the-art streaming data infrastructure, in partnership with colleagues.
Our client is headquartered in Denmark, and although you can work remotely from any location, travel to the client engagement as needed will be required (at least 50% of the project duration).
- Preparing for an upcoming engagement by discussing, with the customer, goals, expectations, and agenda
- Researching best practices, issues, or components needed for the engagement
- Delivering on the engagement by presenting onsite or remote workshops for the customer’ s architects, and developers
- Producing and delivering a post-engagement report to the customer
- Developing applications on Kafka
- Deploying, augmenting, and upgrading Kafka clusters
- Building tooling for another team and the wider company
- Testing performance and functionality of new components
- Writing or editing documentation and knowledge base articles
- Honing your skills, building applications, or trying out new product features
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience operating Windows C#/.NET and Java environments in the Cloud
- Experience using Azure and running high-throughput systems
- Work on the Kafka product itself building connectors and customizing it using Java· Using .NET SDK to connect to the cluster and build business applications.
- Experience with distributed systems
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to clearly and concisely explain tricky issues and complex solutions
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time to meet with customers
- Bachelor-level degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or another quantitative field
- Deep experience building and operating in-production Big Data, stream processing, and/or enterprise data integration solutions using Apache Kafka
- Experience helping customers build Apache Kafka solutions
- Experience writing to network-based APIs (preferably REST/JSON or XML/SOAP)
- Knowledge of enterprise security practices and solutions, such as LDAP and/or Kerberos
- Experience working with a commercial team and demonstrated business acumen
- Experience working in a fast-paced technology start-up
- Experience managing projects, using any known methodology to scope, manage, and deliver on plan no matter the complexity