Linux System Administrator - 4
720 King St W Toronto, Ontario M5V
RedHat Linux automation specialist required immediately.
Global Technology Services' Enterprise Cloud & Computer Operations (ECCO) team is seeking a seasoned System Administrator to support their Dundee Gateway Decommissioning & Migration to ECCO DC project. This Systems Administrator is focused on the infrastructure-side rather than the operations-side of the role. They will be responsible for the administration of core systems as well as monitoring and repair of high performance computing systems. Ensures consistent and reliable operation including enterprise servers and network infrastructure.
Candidate Value Proposition:
- This opportunity is not 100% migration focused as this team is responsible for Proof of Concept for new technologies for Linux across the bank. There is the opportunity to be involved in the validation of cutting edge technology.
• Provides wide ranging system administration in a multi-platform environment
• Responsible for general systems administration tasks including system configuration management, OS installations, security updates, urgent system patching
• Writes and implements scripts to automate tasks
• Ability to identify and troubleshoot hardware components that are problematic
• Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, network disruption awareness and predefined key processes
• Reviews system logs, application logs and security logs
1) Red Hat Linux administration (5+ years on the infrastructure side, root-cause analysis, etc)
2) Scripting (5+ years with shell scripting)
3) Ansible ( 6+ months with automation using Ansible)
4) FI/Banking industry (3+ recent experience within the FI/Banking industry or large enterprise organization)