Linux System Administrator
720 King West Scarborough, Ontario M1L
Urgent need for a Linux (RHEL) systems administrator.
• Provides wide ranging system administration in a multi-platform environment
• Responsible for general systems administration tasks including system configuration management, OS installations, security updates, urgent system patching
• Writes and implements scripts to automate tasks
• Ability to identify and troubleshoot hardware components that are problematic
• Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, network disruption awareness and predefined key processes
• Reviews system logs, application logs and security logs
• Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
• 5-7 years’ experience required
• Proven work experience as a Unix/Linux system administrator
• The incumbent must have an excellent application support working knowledge and in the following operating systems and technologies: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Sun Solaris, Lenovo/Cisco/Sun hardware, NIS, DNS, LDAP, NFS, Apache, Websphere application server, Websphere MQ, Tomcat, Web proxy, Citrix on Unix and Veritas products (Volume Manager, File System, Netbackup, Clustering), monitoring tools, shell scripting, and Tidal Job Scheduler would be an asset.
• Working knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem is an asset
• Working knowledge of the following databases is an asset: Oracle, Sybase, Postgres.
• Working knowledge of LAN/WAN environments and protocols.
• Requires a minimum of 5 years job related experience and possesses analytical and proactive problem solving skills. Expert understanding in area of specialty.
• Ability to work with non-technical users.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 8 years with linux/unix system admin support
2) Red Hat Enterprise Linux
3) Nice to have: Bank/FI
- Working knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem is an asset
-Working knowledge of the following databases is an asset: Oracle, Sybase. Postgres.
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN environments and protocols.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.