Linux system application support
720 King St W Toronto, Ontario M5V
Two long term assignments for Linux (RHEL) system, application support specialists
• Provides wide ranging system administration in a multi-platform environment
• Responsible for general systems administration tasks including system configuration management, OS installations, security updates, urgent system patching
• Writes and implements scripts to automate tasks
• Ability to identify and troubleshoot hardware components that are problematic
• Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, network disruption awareness and predefined key processes
• Reviews system logs, application logs and security logs
• Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
• 4-5 years’ experience required
• Proven work experience as a system or network administrator
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 4-5 years overall Red hat linux
2) Hosting apps on linux application
3) Experience with network security surrounding linux
4) Trouble shooting, problem solving.
5) Scripting (automate)- powershell, python, bash- someone who can pick up on the languages
6) Any automation tools
7) Good Communication skills- speaking to technology groups/business groups/server/ security groups
7) Nice to have: Certification in Red hat Linux, previous bank experience or large bank, Service now ticketing tool.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor' s degree or Post-Secondary education
Additional notes: This resource is required for day to day application support and application projects. They will be part of application on-boarding, configuring within the linux platform. This candidate should be able to hit the ground running.