MS Exchange support
888 Birchmount Rd Scarborough, Ontario M1K
Need an MS Exchange support specialist
Another long term assignment
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 2-4 experience, struggling with ticket volume, need someone to perform morning checks exchange 2010 or higher
2) Active directory- real good concept with it with messaging exchange- 2 years
3) A strong working knowledge of BES EUM
4) A strong working knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008.
5) Nice to have: - doing automation with scripting, VB scripting/Shell Scripting, Microsoft certification
- Unified Communications Services
The incumbent provides systems level support for production critical systems, development systems, implementation support and user acceptance environment support on a global basis. This support comprises of technical assistance to users, resolution and prevention of problems in a 7x24 production environment, systems capacity planning and recommendation of solutions to overcome resource constraints, systems level software installation and updates.
This incumbent is also responsible for establishing and enforcing departmental logical access control guidelines and liaison with other departments for assistance with implementing new projects.
The incumbent will have strong knowledge in the following area: Exchange 2003/2007, BES EUM, Windows 2003/2008, Proof Point Sentrion & MRA, Active Directory, and strong scripting skill.
Job Responsibilities: Resolution and Prevention of Problems: Presented with system level and application problems on mission critical systems requiring immediate resolution, thus ensuring systems are operational according to agreed upon service level agreements and that they have a high degree of integrity and reliability. Often, resolution determination requires interaction with service vendors. Considerable effort is placed into determining, developing and delivering procedures to protect production environment from unplanned outages
Provide Technical Assistance to Users: Establishes system scope and objectives. Develops practical manual or automated procedures to solve complex problems. Prepares detailed specifications for programs, analyses and revises existing system logic deficiencies, oversees all phases of the technical system design and will advise, check and direct systems programs onto the correct technical system design
Systems Administration and New Projects: Perform system administration tasks associated with environment of specialization for the development, UAT and production environment as well as supporting production system implementation. Provide training on specific environment to Operations, Network and Development Departments as required
Control Access, Ensure Security and Contingency Planning:
Ongoing customization and maintenance of system access facilities to ensure and enforce strict security of financial environment. Plan, implement and test contingency plans for various hardware and software environments.
System Monitoring and Updates: During the course of the year, systems are monitored and statistical information regarding resource usage is compiled. Recommendations are put forward to management for capacity planning and system upgrades where resource constraints are identified to ensure that a reliable production environment is maintained .
- A strong working knowledge of Intel hardware configuration and support.
- A strong working knowledge of Exchange 2003/2007
- A strong working knowledge of BES EUM
- A strong working knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008.
- A strong working knowledge of shell/script programming.
- A good working knowledge of clustering technologies
- A good working knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- A good working knowledge of virtual environments.
- Experience with SQL Databases.
- Experience with Windows Application Support.
- Experience with Microsoft Lync or SFB
- Experience with NOTES is a definite asset.
- Requires a minimum of five years of job related experience and possess problem solving, analytical and proactive problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- General understanding of other computer systems outside area of specialty such as other Operating systems or database software.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 2-4 years of experience.
Degrees or certifications:
- Bachelor' s degree or Post-Secondary education-
Additional notes: Part of day to day support, this resource will be troubleshooting, de-bugging, using service now tickets, dealing with client requests, creating distribution lists. Also, they will be making sure services are operational while checking within Microsoft exchange.