Network Analyst - 4
2201 Eglinton Ave E Scarborough, Ontario M1L
High priority project for Firewall experts. Three long term contracts.
Global Network Services team is seeking Senior Network Specialist to assist in the migration of existing IT infrastructure (server workloads, applications, networking, etc) from a legacy Data Center to new next generation Data Centers to modernize and strengthen the Bank’ s IT infrastructure’ s overall resiliency. As the project is both an exciting and strategic business initiative for Scotiabank in 2018 the successful candidate can expect to work within a large cross-functional technical team in an exciting, fast-paced environment with challenging deadlines. The successful candidate will also need to demonstrate a willingness and flexibility to work evenings and weekends as necessary to support data center migration activities within permitted change maintenance windows to avoid disruption to the business.
• Develop and/or execute methods of procedure or migration plans to move server workloads, network circuits and firewall rules between data centers following overall prescribed project methodology with minimal to no supervision
• Play an active leading role during “ after hours” (late evening, early morning) change windows in the implementation of moves/adds/changes to network infrastructure including switches, routers and firewalls
• Use of critical thinking and validation tools to measure overall success of each migration activity
• Provide first level support post-migration to ensure any problems or risks introduced are effectively addressed or remediated short and long term
• Must have the ability to understand and follow change management policies and procedures when implementing and executing changes
• Ability to prioritize and execute on multiple tasks within a larger project effort while ensuring deadlines are strictly adhered to
• Effectively communicate and collaborate with other project team members or peer technology staff (application/infrastructure support staff) as well as technical resources from third party business partners or telecommunications carriers to ensure success of migrations
• Build/configure and deploy new network equipment such as firewalls, routers and switches using established software configuration standards
• Migration or prebuilding of router/switch configuration from traditional standalone Nexus 7K/5K/2K architecture to Cisco ACI APIC driven architecture to support server workload migrations
• Migration or prebuilding of firewall interface, zone and security rule configuration to support moves of third party WAN circuits and connectivity from one legacy data center to new. In many cases the translation of configuration from one platform to another (ie migration from Cisco ASA to Fortinet Fortigate) may be required
• Provide regularly reporting of overall project status to the project delivery manager and direct manager on a regular basis
• Authoring of detailed technical documentation including network diagrams and support guides as well as knowledge transfer to steady state Level 2/3 support staff is necessary to ensure supportability and availability targets can be met post-migration of any and all services
• Bachelor' s degree or equivalent in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
• Strong communication and collaboration skills; ability to articulate highly complex and technical or procedural information to a variety of different technical audiences
• Minimum 5-10 years of industry experience required in Data Centre and/or Internet DMZ perimeter Networking roles
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification or higher preferred
• Proven expertise and experience with firewall configuration (NAT/PAT, ACLs, security zones, context/VDOMs/virtual routers) and security rulesets on Cisco ASA firewalls and either Juniper SSG or Fortinet Fortigate firewalls – 5- 10 years
• Experience working with IPSEC based site-to-site VPN tunnels or GRE encapsulation tunnels on both IOS and Cisco ASA platforms (or Juniper firewalls)
• Strong Data Centre routing and switching skills (OSPF, BGP, Fabric Path, VPC, VLAN Trunking/Dot1q) using Cisco platforms (Nexus 7K/5K/2K family, Catalyst 3K/4K/6K, ISR2/ASR-X, etc) (cisco ACI from Nexus)- highly preferred, Nexus datacenter, switching experience.
• Proven history and experience working with various WAN technologies and their providers including: MPLS, T1/T3, Metro Ethernet, VPLS
Nice to have:
• Experience and/or working knowledge of Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) considered an asset
• Working knowledge and experience with GSLB and SLB load balancers such as F5, Cisco GSS/ACE considered an asset but not strictly required
• Previous experience working with a cross-functional team to assist in large enterprise Data Center migration activities preferred
• Working knowledge of virtual networking concepts considered an asset including server virtualization, virtual switch, hypervisor/host systems, VMware’ s NSX and IBM’ s Soft-Layer offering
• Strong network troubleshooting skills required with the ability to incorporate critical thinking as well as networking measurement/monitoring tools such as NMS (What’ s up Gold), Wireshark or NetScout (packet analysis) to identify and remediate problems during migrations as they occur
• Working knowledge of data center cabling
• Strong technical documentation skills using software such as Microsoft Visio
• Effective project planning and time management skills to ensure multiple tasks and project streams are delivered on time
• Automation and/or scripting skills to be used for rapid, efficient deployment of large number of services or network elements is considered an asset
• Working knowledge of server operating systems such as Windows Server family, UNIX/Linux or AIX, considered a nice to have
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.