Organizational Change Management Consultant
277 Victoria Street 4th floor Toronto, ON
Position: Organizational Change Management Consultant
Duration: 6 months to start
Location: 277 Victoria St.
Client JO#: TPH-18-404-A?
Resumes to be submitted: 2
The Organizational Change Management Consultant is responsible for the following:
- Assist the project (change initiatives) in meeting business, schedule and budget objectives.
- Focus on the people side of change – including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures.
- Create and implement change management plans that minimize employee resistance and maximize employee engagement.
- Work to drive faster adoption, greater ultimate utilization and higher proficiency on the changes impacting employees in the organization so that business results are achieved.
- Act as a coach for senior leaders and executives to help them fulfil their role of change sponsors.
- Support the project team with integrating change management activities into their project plans.
- Apply the change management strategy through planned activities based on a situational awareness of the details of the change and the groups being impacted by the change.
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns.
- Review and update the set of actionable and targeted change management plans – including communication plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan and resistance management plan.
- Create a measurement system to track adoption and utilization of the new processes and system.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. A solid understanding of change in a public working environment.
2. Experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies
3. Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
4. Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal.
5. Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
6. Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
7. Must be a team player and able to work with and through others.
8. Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
9. Change Management Professional designation is a plus
10. Change management experience in government is a plus.
1. Familiarity with Electronic Medical Records Systems and implementation within health units or other organizations is a plus.
2. Demonstrated ability to use Office tools, including Visio and MS Project.