Program Manager (Modernization)
55 John St. 15th floor Toronto, ON M5V 3C6
Position: Program Manager
Duration: 12 months
Relevant Qualifications and Experience:
1. Lead a project team that will execute the following activities throughout the project lifecycle, this includes:
- Execute work streams using iterative approach
- Guide teams using Agile methods including Kanban and Scrum.
- Effective estimation of resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Articulate program progress through executive dashboard reporting
- Maintain and drive a customer improvements feature backlog
- Build program team capabilities;
- Bid and proposal preparation as well as contract negotiation
- Participate in the development of program plans, schedules and budgets; track and report performance to these plans and budgets;
- Support/lead program performance initiatives covering delivery and using measures in quality, risk and solution metrics.
- Preparation and presentation of comprehensive work stream reviews and status reports to senior leadership
- Risk assessment and management including identifying problems and concerns within the organization that impact, or have the potential to impact program performance and serve as a change agent where necessary
2. Monitoring and evaluating the performance of consultants and vendors on a regular basis and taking corrective action as appropriate if and when required.
3. Provide guidance and mentoring to project team members.
4. 5 to 7 years of directly related experience managing complex projects in various technical industries and environments.
5. Project Management Certification
6. Demonstrate strong communication skills
7. 5+ years of direct client engagement experience, with a strong customer focus,
8. Ability to wear many hats and learn quickly, and the temperament to lead a change in direction when needed;
9. Experience in government or public/client service type industry
10. Creative and critical thinking about client programs
11. Innate curiosity and ability to self-start in an ambiguous and rapidly-changing start-up environment;
12. Strong project management, leadership, and cross-group collaboration skills;
13. Excellent in-person presentation skills with executives, IT staff, and end users; able to pivot quickly and adapt messaging to suit a range of audience technical levels and requirements;
14. Solid understanding of customer services model(s)
15. Understanding and implementation of human centered design thinking framework
16. Comprehensive understanding of cloud services, web and application development.
17. Ability to hire the right technical resources for the right technical skillset and delivery
18. Good problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically
19. University degree in computer science or related discipline, and 5+ years of ' progressively more responsible' experience working on large-scale information technology projects or the approved equivalent combination of education and/or experience;
1. 5+ years of system/business analysis experience in all stages of large scale development projects and application support;
2. 2+ years' experience in the implementation of digital programs, application development, technology infrastructure and cloud computing solutions used for the delivery of large scale projects, preferably with experience in Online, Omni-channel business and customer services and processes.
1. Modernization program including:
- Service Goals including online service delivery
- Current Environment, Processes and Issues
- Stakeholder' s Analysis
- Business Issues and Priorities
- Current Information Technology and Information Management environment, systems, applications and issues
- Findings and observations
- IT goals and objectives that support Client' s business
- Recommendations of short term/quick wins plan to achieve strategic goals and objectives
- Prioritization of recommendations
- Recommendation on implementation strategy
- Performance standards, benchmark and metrics to evaluate the success of the plan
- Change Management Strategy
- Risk Management Strategy
- Skills and Development Strategy