Project Control Officer
5650 Yonge Street 3rd Floor Toronto, ON M2M 4H5
Project Control Officer
Our client in the financial sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking a Project Control Officer to join their team.
Initial Planned Duration: 12 months
The Project Control Officer (PCO) is responsible for supporting all project delivery work in accordance with our framework standards and methodologies. The individual will actively support the Project Manager in planning, executing, controlling and closing phases of the project. Focus of the role will be status management and reporting, financial tracking and reporting, issue and risk management, schedule management and resource management.
Key work outputs and accountability
- Co-ordinate and control the end to end process of capturing all key project artifacts including but not limited to opportunity evaluations, business cases, project charters, baseline plans, change requests, status reports, milestones, achievements, benefits, internal/external resources.
- Facilitate conflict that could arise due to inadequate status reporting, disagreement on progress to date, quality of issue management and/or miscommunication
- Raise issues to the appropriate senior management level for action inclusive of description of the issue, comprehensive analysis of options and recommendation for remediation
- Facilitate the closing process for projects ensuring artifacts are made available for lessons learned and for the update of impacted processes, tools and templates
- Liaise with stakeholders to facilitate. status reporting, key portfolio/project data, meeting materials, action items, etc.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, document minutes and update action item/issue logs, etc.
- Champion and support our best practices standards and methodology; actively participating in its implementation and operationalization
- Provide feedback to effectively action and co-ordinate project resources and schedules for project roles and reserves for named resources
- Assess and understand financial plans; including monthly rolling forecasts/latest estimate (LE), baseline and working versions, to ensure data is accurate, timely and relevant. Provide additional support to project managers as required.
- Co-ordinate, capture and analyse project data to facilitate Portfolio level reporting re: project status, milestones, benefits and financial and resource information
- Diagnose and present project trends
- Engage Senior Program/Project Manager to address risks, milestones and financials related to the Program/Project
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, document minutes and update action item/issue logs, maintain project repositories of documents, etc.
- Identify and propose process improvements
- Generate and maintain financial plans including monthly rolling forecasts/latest estimate (LE), baseline and working versions
- Maintain project resources and schedules for project roles and reserves for named resources
- Liaise with stakeholders, Program/Project Manager to facilitate project governance effectiveness: status reporting, key portfolio/project data, meeting materials, action items.
- The Project Control Officer (PCO) plays a key role in ensuring the effective and efficient operation of project delivery through managing and coordinating the requirements of multiple processes and workflows within a dynamic environment while ensuring that they are aligned as required with Portfolio and Project Quality guidelines.
- Escalates project, resource and financial risks to the Project Manager
- Proposes changes to processes and project management standards
- Decides on priorities, work planning and recommendations related to PCO deliverables and key project deliverables
Essential qualifications, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor in Business Management or equivalent
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent an asset
- Demonstrates understanding and application of project management tools and methodologies
- Familiarity with IT concepts, methodology and vocabulary is an asset
- Effective planning and organizational experience to set priorities and co-ordinate projects to meet deadlines
- Effective organizational skills sufficient to manage competing and changing priorities within a dynamic environment
- Solid problem solving skills and analytical skills to creatively develop unique solutions/approaches to resolve issues
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with multiple clients, teams and partners
- Proactive customer service focus
- Proficiency in project portfolio management application tools; (Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Minimum 3 years PCO experience, preferably in the financial services and/or consulting industry
- 2+ years previous experience supporting Project Management efforts from an organizational standpoint as a Project Coordinator or Project Administration
- Proven experience with forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis
- Excellent communication both verbally and through written/dashboard reporting
- Proactive customer service focus
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong facilitation skills; able to clarify and articulate issues, meeting outcomes, areas of focus, options
- Outcome/deliverable orientation with a bias for action
- Process orientation
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of management and staff
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in team environments
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate and complete tasks to meet deadlines
- Resourcefulness, creativity and sound judgment
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.