Project Manager (Citrix Consultant)
60 Tiffield Rd Toronto, ON M5V 3C6
Position: Project Manager / Citrix Consultant
Duration: 12 months to Start
Description of Assignment
Our Client currently has Citrix XenApp 7.9 environment as an application delivery platform and would like to upgrade to the latest long term service release (LTSR) as an infrastructure improvement project. The Citrix Consultant/Project Manager will apply best industry practices, knowledge and skills to execute this project. The Consultant will be involved in various activities from assessing the current environment, requirements gathering, planning, writing a design document, prototype implementation, application testing and optimization, implementation and roll out, developing documentation and transfer knowledge to Integrated Technology Management Staff.
The primary responsibility of the Consultant is to provide planning, design and implementation support and project management service for this imitative. However, the Consultant will occasionally be involved and provide operational support as a backfill resource, when deemed necessary by the management.
Mandatory Qualification Requirements
- Must have Citrix Certified Expert - Virtualization (CCE-V) or Citrix Certified Professional - Networking (CCP-N) in good standing.
- Must be physically capable of performing required duties
- Must possess a valid Province of Ontario Class " G" Driver’ s and have access to a vehicle. Proponents must submit a copy of the Candidate' s driver' s license along with the submission.
- Must provide Police Information Check (PIC) clearance with submission
Qualifications & Experience:
· Post-secondary education in computer science, information technology, or related discipline.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certified or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Must be able to forecast the scope, provide WBS and be able to documents all phases of Project Life Cycle as required by the Project Manager
· Minimum of 7 years' demonstrated experience in Citrix architecture design, configuration, implementation, and testing, support and optimization of Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop experience in a large scale enterprise environment.
· Demonstrated experience implementing at least three (3) large scale XenApp/XenDesktop projects in last 7 years.
· Demonstrated experience in configuring, implementing, testing and supporting optimizing two or more of the following technologies: NetScaler, MCS, Storefront/Web Interface.
· Minimum of 7 year demonstrated experience with Microsoft Windows Server Operating System/Terminal Services and in particular, recent experience with Windows 2012/2016 configuration, implementation, performance tuning, support and preventive maintenance.
· Demonstrated experience in developing proposals, creating architecture documentation, drawings and other relevant documentation as required.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to lead meetings and present complex information to staff and management team of multiple skill levels. Must be self-motivated and able to work independently or with team members with little supervision.
· Strong conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills as well as superior organizational qualities in order to meet tight deadlines as well as coordinate, prioritize and communicate project status to stakeholders.
· Extensive knowledge in Citrix XenApp technologies including but not limited to Application Virtualization (XenApp), Desktop Virtualization (XenDesktop), Server Virtualization (VMWare)
· Extensive knowledge of XenApp 7.X, XenDesktop 7.x, Desktop/Application Streaming and packaging, Storefront, NetScaler, Secure Gateway (CSG) and Resource Management Services (RMS), Installation Management Services, Branch Repeater and Access Gateway (CAG) with Advanced Access Control, Application Profiling.
· Extensive knowledge of Microsoft products and technologies including but not limited to Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server Operating System, Windows 10 Operating System, Active Directory Services, Group Policy, Microsoft Terminal Services, Microsoft App-V, Microsoft SQL and DNS.
· Extensive knowledge in Citrix environment assessments, health checks, installation, management, application testing, administration and upgrades.
· Working knowledge of scripting languages such as PowerShell and VB
· Working knowledge of project management software, such as MS Project