199 Bay Street, Suite 2500 Toronto, ON M5L 1E2
Our client, a global leader in the insurance space, is seeking a hands on Project Manager with Agile experience, and a background in software development.
This is a long term contract opportunity.
- Manage 3-5 IT projects of varying sizes, within budget and timeframe.
- Work with business stakeholders on defining and managing project scope.
- Understand the high level business requirements in order to reconcile them against project solutions.
- Work with project team to provide time and cost estimates for each phase of a project.
- Manage scope change using Chubb’ s change management process.
- Monitor and control a schedule for every project.
- Facilitate effective communication with stakeholders, project team, and IT senior management.
- Completion of university degree in related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of project management experience.
- Strong understanding of the SDLC methodology and framework including Agile constructs
- Clear demonstration of the following core competencies:
- Customer focused / business centric / strong stakeholder management
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Superior communication skills, formal and informal
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills / creative solutions / ability to identify and mitigate risk
- Process oriented approach / creating and maintaining artifacts
- Project team leadership / ability to communicate project vision
- Excellent time management skills / ability to establish priorities / effective follow-up
- Must be a team player, a team builder and driver / instilling enthusiasm and working closely with the team
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Demonstrating project ownership / end to end accountability
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.