400 - 50 Minthorn Blvd Thornhill, ON L3T 7X8
QA Developer - Web and e-commerce
Our client in the gaming sector with an exciting growth story, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking an QA Developer to join their Web Development team.
The QA Developer plays a key role in the Software Development Lifecycle. In this position, you will be responsible for designing test plans, creating, executing and automating tests for new features and product changes for products. You will also participate in a small, growing QA function in performing unit testing, functional testing, performance testing and integration testing. You will interface with Product Managers, Developers, and Support staff to ensure the quality and integrity of products. This role is based in downtown Toronto and reports to the CTO.
- Create test plans, design test cases, and execute tests to ensure conformance with business requirements
- Conduct unit testing, functional and regression testing, performance testing and integration testing
- Work within an automation framework to define, script and execute automated tests
- Ensure project tasks and assignments are delivered according to expectations.
- Provide effective and timely communication with management and the development team.
- Work independently with supervision.
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years QA experience, including significant work with automated testing
- Understanding and hands on experience with QA processes and methodologies
- Knowledge of QA tools for test case management and test automation (JIRA, TestRail, Selenium)
- Good understanding of web application development
- Good working knowledge of SQL and Windows OS environments
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Self-motivated individual who takes pride in delivering high quality work
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced small company, results oriented environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team environment
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS, cloud architectures and SaaS is an asset
- Experience of testing mobile applications and knowledge of mobile automation tool such as Appium is an asset.
- Experience working with e-commerce systems (Point of Sale, credit card proce