QA Test Analyst
1920 Yonge Street Toronto, ON M4S 1Z2
Position: QA Test Analyst
Duration: 6 months
- Minimum of 5 years QA experience with multi-layer architectural applications and complex enterprise and/or industrial applications.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to quickly ramp up understanding of underlying technologies.
- Understanding QA processes based on CMMI and/or ISO standards. Knowledge of various testing methodologies (waterfall, agile)
- Extensive experience in assessing and reviewing business and system requirements, requirement analysis, verification, traceability, gap analysis, risks.
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehouse concepts, related technologies and testing approach/methods
- Understanding of ETL processes and extensive experience in ETL processes testing with various dimensional models of data warehouse and complex business rules for sources to target data mapping
- Hands on experience in testing with various relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle) as well as flat files based data, including binary and encrypted data
- Creation of complex SQL scripts/queries and output results analysis
- Experience in automation of testing for data warehouse, databases, and data quality. Development of testing scripts (HP UFT, QTP, Perl, Shell, etc.) for testing of complex ETL business logic, output data and log files parsing/analysis.
- Experience with testing of applications/dashboards developed with MicroStrategy BI tool.
- MS SharePoint and Team Foundation Server experience
- Understanding of Data Quality Assurance principles
- Knowledge of Software Metrics concepts (Function Points).
- Performance testing experience
- Hands-on experience with testing of networking and various communication protocols.
- Testing experience with Informatica is an asset
- University degree in Computer Science / Electronic Engineering, CSTE/CSQA certification is an asset.
- Understanding of transportation business functions