Release management Lead
3389 Steeles Ave E Toronto, ON M2H 3S8
Career opportunity within one of the most innovative, web based, financial services company. Lead a small team to automate and release mobile applications for all of the companys' banking services.
- ROLE PURPOSE:
- The Technical Lead of Release Management is responsible for conducting, leading and coordinating Software Builds in development and testing environments. The Technical Lead is also responsible for preparing production releases as well as documenting handover processes to IT Operations. The Technical Lead will support IT Development team throughout the entire SDLC. The Technical Lead will report directly to the Manager of IT Release and Change Management.
- ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Work with various development teams to build and support automated builds, supporting daily continuous integration.
- Develop automated test scripts to be run in development and testing environments to ensure build stability.
- Responsible for Mobile Strategy, Deployment and releases - IOS and Android.
- Administering and maintaining version control, defect management, code review and static code analysis systems.
- Ensures volume of work produced follows promotion model and meets Tangerine quality standards.
- Trouble-shoot and resolve build issues, branching and merging of source code as needed.
- Maintain a technical proficiency with respect to programming languages, scripts and processes to ensure that Bank is well positioned for technological advances in the marketplace.
- Supporting and promoting a structured Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Advise team members on best practices in Release Management.
- Evaluate new technologies and participate in the continuous improvement of applications and systems.
- Ensure 7x24 availability of all internet, intranet sites and applications.
- Provide second level problem resolution of web issues.
- Provide support to IT Development initiatives in matters related to internet, intranet presence and other projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- University or College Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of related experience
- Previous exposure to the banking industry/financial services is preferred
- Experience with industry best practices standards (ITIL, DevOps, CMMI and others)
- Strong development background
- Specialized Knowledge
- Understanding of banking systems and processes
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Exposure to DevOps, Agile methodologies
- Experience on CI/CD lifecycle
- Technical Skills
- Well versed in development lifecycle and object oriented development methodologies
- Well versed with different Mobile Device Management (MDM) applications such as Mobile Iron, VMWare AirWatch, iOS and BES.
- Competent in Version Control (like ClearCase GIT/ Bitbucket and Subversion), Continuous Integration Tools (like CruiseControl, Jenkins and/or Rational Build Forge), Defect Management Tools (like ClearQuest, Jira), Test Management and Planning Tools (like HP ALM/QC or IBM Rational QM, HP Agile Manager)
- Competent in tools required to automate CI/CD pipeline- GITHUB, Jira, Confluence, Artifactory, Containers, Puppet, Slack and Cloud services
- Python, Perl, ANT and Python scripting, AIX, WIN2K, WebSphere Application Server, IBM Rational Application Developer or Eclipse Platform, XML Spy, Banking systems and their integration, Web Services
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Visio and MS Project)
- Competent in enterprise application delivery and design techniques
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Expertise in Automation
- Web design experience
- Excellent documentation skills
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.