SAP ERP specialist
20 Queen St W Toronto, Ontario M5H
Urgent request for an SAP specialist.
Initially a 12 month assignment located downtown. Strong extension potential.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Canadian Payroll Lead, the Manager, Senior SAP Payroll Technical Analyst will perform the following:
• Provide subject matter expertise, business and technical.
As a Lead Analyst:
• Perform analysis and document proposed Problem Logs (PLOGs) and Change Requests (CRs) initiated by the business.
• Perform analysis and document proposed CR on changes to re-engineer business and technical processes / continuous improvement activities.
• Perform analysis and document changes associated with acquisitions and divestitures.
• Develop system and user implementation plans.
• Support the testing group / develop test plans.
• Support business users.
• Assist with the implementation and transition to the maintenance function.
• Lead problem resolution activities, assess business and technical issues, perform Root Cause Analysis, document PLOGs and CRs to identify and implement effective workarounds.
• Perform / Manage maintenance of master data.
• Address/Resolve information requests/reports.
• Participates in assigned projects, lead assigned activities.
• Establish a strong working relationship with the client(s) and delivery partners. Clients include HR policy groups, Shared Services and HR business line relationship managers, Finance and other downstream users of payroll and benefits data. Delivery partners include other Information Technology & Solutions (IT&S) departments and the vendor, who provides payroll Application Management Services.
• Provide on-going payroll business and technical support to delivery partners within the bank by managing the investigation and analysis of issues in a timely manner, providing sound business recommendations for resolution (workaround and permanent) and identifying associated business risks.
• Perform business analysis, document requirements, and prepare Change Requests. Respond to requests and proactively search for opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the end-to-end business process. Analyze and reengineer payroll processes, write detailed requirements providing sufficient detail to the technical teams so that they can proceed with the technical design, configuration and/or development of the solution.
• Prepare complex reports and maintain master data in system tables.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Must have 4-5 years of working experience in a diverse, complex HR & technical environments.
• Must be technically proficient in the SAP ERP application focused on the payroll function (PY [Payroll], OM [Organizational Management], PA [Personnel Administration], BN [Benefits Management], FICO [Financial Accounting and Controlling] modules).
• Must understand (or be able to quickly learn) and support the existing Canadian Payroll processes end to end, including payroll accounting.
• Pivot to the Canadian Payroll process end to end resultant from the implementation of Global HR Transformation (GHRT) - SAP Successfactors’ Employee Central for Core HR, Workforce Software for Time and Attendance, with a retrofit/refactored SAP Payroll.
• Must understand (or be able to quickly learn) and support the Bank' s a payroll accounting processes (distribution from SAP FICO to the bank' s General Ledgers (GLs) and to the payment/deposit systems.
• Must be able to seek out innovative solutions and champion continuous improvement.
• Must have a thorough understanding of applied research and analysis skills.
• Must have excellent working knowledge on utilizing SQL to create queries & for reporting purposes.
• Must be able to operate in a complex organizational and technical environment.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.